Re: Ayreton Heraldy

  • desroches56
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 28, 2007
      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Meurig ap Cynfarch" <nicothoe@...>
      wrote:

      > There was a discussion some time ago about designing a banner that
      the
      > mayor and all Ayreton groups could unite under.
      >
      > Did we ever decide upon anything?
      >
      > Perhaps we should give our new mayor some heraldry.
      >
      > Meurig ap Cynfarch

      Greetings Ayreton-ites

      The heraldry suggestion is well-taken. So far we have used the
      linked ring as seen on the necklace. Six segments with crenellated
      borders, each with a different color representing the groups, with a
      script "A" in the center. I'll include a picture for reference. This
      was first seen included in the original propasal/charter for the
      creation of the Lord Mayor's office, and also used on the back of
      the coronation tokens of Felix and Madeleina 1, held here and the
      first true Ayreton event. I'm kinda fond of the concept. We're
      working on the banner.

      Hizzoner Etienne
    • krpurtell
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 4, 2007
        Of course, it is not absoultely necessary to register such a Badge
        with the College of Heralds in order to display it.

        -Kevin Ambrozijwski, just a guy who knows something about Heraldry
        and is not responding in any kind of offical capacity at all.

        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "desroches56" <spdesroches@...>