Re: [Ayreton] Re: Mayors Offfice of Special Events ?

  • spdesroches@att.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 28 9:34 PM

      Thank You Alexander, et al

      The town crier does indeed already fulfill the mission quite well. We will soon have a bigger and better web page thanks to Lord Tedesco, with easier access and better features. I've also suggested the Towne Crier increase his announcements from just once a month to twice. My opinion is that it is better to have too much(?) info than not enough in time. Fighter practices and A&S gatherings deserve the best chance at the largest attendance as possible, and newcomers may miss on an announcement that occurs only monthly.

      Hizzoner Etienne

      -------------- Original message from AlexdeSet@...: --------------

      Greetings!
           Back in time, the Lord Mayor's Office for Special Events made announcements and helped people and groups ... "arrange things" ... if there were a new office-holder or political appointee, the LMOfSE would publicize it. If there were an event, it would be announced; if there were a need for the populace to cough up... I mean, to supply a person or thing (list ropes, Marshal, etc) the the call would go out. Sort of like the Towne Cryer, but more Chicago-like. None of it done by the Lord Mayor, of course, that was the LMOfSE, with help from longshoremen Guido and Rocco, who are adept at interpersonal attitude readjustment.
      Is mise le meas,
      Alexander de Seton

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 28 10:09 PM
        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Meurig ap Cynfarch" <nicothoe@...>
        wrote:

        > There was a discussion some time ago about designing a banner that
        the
        > mayor and all Ayreton groups could unite under.
        >
        > Did we ever decide upon anything?
        >
        > Perhaps we should give our new mayor some heraldry.
        >
        > Meurig ap Cynfarch

        Greetings Ayreton-ites

        The heraldry suggestion is well-taken. So far we have used the
        linked ring as seen on the necklace. Six segments with crenellated
        borders, each with a different color representing the groups, with a
        script "A" in the center. I'll include a picture for reference. This
        was first seen included in the original propasal/charter for the
        creation of the Lord Mayor's office, and also used on the back of
        the coronation tokens of Felix and Madeleina 1, held here and the
        first true Ayreton event. I'm kinda fond of the concept. We're
        working on the banner.

        Hizzoner Etienne
      • krpurtell
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 4, 2007
          Of course, it is not absoultely necessary to register such a Badge
          with the College of Heralds in order to display it.

          -Kevin Ambrozijwski, just a guy who knows something about Heraldry
          and is not responding in any kind of offical capacity at all.

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "desroches56" <spdesroches@...>