Two demos in July: Evanston July 10 and Homewood July 16 or 17

  • sirfern@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 18, 2014
      Dear Ayreton,

      Tree Girt Sea has been contacted to request two demos in July. Can anyone help out? I will be there for both demos.

      1. July 10, Evanston. 9:30 am till noon. Arts camp, with King Arthur theme.

      It is an arts camp run by the city of Evanston for 6-12 old boys and girls, mostly Evanston residents.  The week of July 7 we are working on tales of King Arthur and real history of knights too.

      Orrington school in Evanston so we can do this outside in a field/playground or in the gym.  The morning would be ideal for us.  I would suggest 9.30 and 10.30 presentations as perfect for us if you could find someone free then.

      2. July 16 or 17 (negotiable). Homewood IL (south of I-80). Cub Scout daycamp, with King Arthur theme.

      Cub Scouts. Need I say more? We know all about Cub Scout demos. About 70 boys, ages 6-12.
      Camp times: 9am-4pm TWF, 9AM-8PM on Thursday
      Suggested demo schedule: Thursday afternoon or evening (Fern's recommendation, but negotiable depending on schedules)

      With both of these being huge audience, you can see why I'm asking for help! Please send me email if you are interested.

      fern1445-fern01@...

      All levels of SCA experience are welcome! If needed, I can coordinate rides to the demo.

      Thank you very much for your attention!

      Fern,
      new TGS chatelaine since May.
    • scaapersona

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 20, 2014
          Wonderful!

          Count me in for the 10th. I also can provide rides and/or transport of goods.

          As for the 16th or 17th, Tim and I may both be able to attend.

          Hurray!!

          - Medb​
        • sirfern@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2014
            Anna,

            You will be very welcome on the July 10th demo, and any others that you can manage! And the rest of your party, too!

            The Cub Scouts haven't given me the street addresses yet, so I will nag them some more. As soon as I have the directions, I will post them.

            See you soon!

            Fern