Re: [Ayreton] Mayors Offfice of Special Events ?

  • Dayle Harding
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 28, 2007
      Sigh....and I even used the term Mayor's Office of Special Events....and apparently went unnoticed.  Maybe Etienne will have more luck with that...

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 28, 2007
        Greetings!
             Back in time, the Lord Mayor's Office for Special Events made announcements and helped people and groups ... "arrange things" ... if there were a new office-holder or political appointee, the LMOfSE would publicize it. If there were an event, it would be announced; if there were a need for the populace to cough up... I mean, to supply a person or thing (list ropes, Marshal, etc) the the call would go out. Sort of like the Towne Cryer, but more Chicago-like. None of it done by the Lord Mayor, of course, that was the LMOfSE, with help from longshoremen Guido and Rocco, who are adept at interpersonal attitude readjustment.
        Is mise le meas,
        Alexander de Seton

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 28, 2007

          Thank You Alexander, et al

          The town crier does indeed already fulfill the mission quite well. We will soon have a bigger and better web page thanks to Lord Tedesco, with easier access and better features. I've also suggested the Towne Crier increase his announcements from just once a month to twice. My opinion is that it is better to have too much(?) info than not enough in time. Fighter practices and A&S gatherings deserve the best chance at the largest attendance as possible, and newcomers may miss on an announcement that occurs only monthly.

          Hizzoner Etienne

          -------------- Original message from AlexdeSet@...: --------------

        • desroches56
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 28, 2007
            --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Meurig ap Cynfarch" <nicothoe@...>
            wrote:

            > There was a discussion some time ago about designing a banner that
            the
            > mayor and all Ayreton groups could unite under.
            >
            > Did we ever decide upon anything?
            >
            > Perhaps we should give our new mayor some heraldry.
            >
            > Meurig ap Cynfarch

            Greetings Ayreton-ites

            The heraldry suggestion is well-taken. So far we have used the
            linked ring as seen on the necklace. Six segments with crenellated
            borders, each with a different color representing the groups, with a
            script "A" in the center. I'll include a picture for reference. This
            was first seen included in the original propasal/charter for the
            creation of the Lord Mayor's office, and also used on the back of
            the coronation tokens of Felix and Madeleina 1, held here and the
            first true Ayreton event. I'm kinda fond of the concept. We're
            working on the banner.

            Hizzoner Etienne
          • krpurtell
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 4, 2007
              Of course, it is not absoultely necessary to register such a Badge
              with the College of Heralds in order to display it.

              -Kevin Ambrozijwski, just a guy who knows something about Heraldry
              and is not responding in any kind of offical capacity at all.

              --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "desroches56" <spdesroches@...>