TGS 12th Night Retainers and Guards

  • Alexander Adelbrecht von Markelingen
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 18, 2013

      Greetings good and noble people of the Canton of Tree-Girt-Sea and all of the Barony of Ayreton.

      I am seeking volunteers to fill some rolls for the coming 12th Night Event here in Tree-Girt-Sea.

      January 18, 2014

      9AM-10PM

      St. John's Lutheran Church and School

      4939 W. Montrose Ave

      Chicago, Il 60641

      I am looking for 3 groups of individuals, and while I know this is still a couple months out and peoples schedules may change, I appreciate any advance volunteers to help fill in my lists and will follow up again with another post in a month and again closer to the event.

      First, I seek able bodied assistants as Porters. Porters will assist with carrying in the days necessities for The Crown and Their Heirs upon arrival to the Site in the Morning. We will need two sets of Porters, the second set will serve in the evening to carrying the items back to the Vehicles. I would seek 2-3 people for each shift. The hours will be determined by the arrival and departure needs of our Royals. If the Porters could also be available to assist with moving Regalia to the Sanctuary for Court and back out after Court, this would be greatly appreciated. Please advise with your Mundane and SCA Names and with your planned arrival/departure times as best you can.

      Second, I seek volunteers to retain for Their Majesties and Highnesses throughout the day working in 2 hour shifts. The exact schedule is not yet known, pending the arrival and departure times of the Royals, but I will be seeking volunteers as of now. Please let me know your names, SCA and Mundane, if you have a preferred time of day and if you have worked as a Retainer before or not (We welcome all experience levels and will pair newcomers with experienced retainers). I will work with you all to help make it possible for you attend a class or activity that is important to you.

      Finally, but certainly not least important, I seek Guards to work in 2 hour shifts. Again, Please advise with your mundane and society names as well as your preferred time of day.

      If you are interested in volunteering please reach out to me privately at Alexander@... with the requested information and I will add you to the lists as you indicate and remain in contact leading up to the event.

      Thank you for your service to the Middle Kingdom and for helping to make this event happen.

      In Service I remain,

      THL Alexander Adelbrecht von Markelingen, O.D.H., A.P.F.

      Royalty Liaison for Tree-Girt-Sea Twelfth Night – L’Arte dell’ Italia

      Meadows Herald; Baronial Pursuivant Ayreton

      petite et accipietis - John 16:22

    • Marie Schorn

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2013

              To simplify the process of accepting volunteers for retainers and guards at our twelfth night event, I am now accepting volunteers via the form at:

              https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1c4ej_8pDEwGgUNLd_d8OFo3NRsQW_BdlnxCjhVYG988/viewform

              If you have already volunteered, no need to do it again, I have your information, this will just make it easier to manage the data going forward.

              Thank you to all who have come forward already.