OFF TOPIC: petition

  • maestraghita
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2013

      Dear friends,

      I wanted to let you know about a new petition I created on We the People, a new feature on WhiteHouse.gov, and ask for your support. Will you add your name to mine? If this petition gets 100,000 signatures by October 19, 2013, the White House will review it and respond!

      We the People allows anyone to create and sign petitions asking the Obama Administration to take action on a range of issues. If a petition gets enough support, the Obama Administration will issue an official response.

      You can view and sign the petition here:

      http://wh.gov/l28Dk

      Here's some more information about this petition:

      Don't pay companies to exist. Examine Corporate Subsidies and demand return of subsidies that are exceeded by profit.

      Subsidies are (or at least should be) intended to spur development by front-end funding of companies providing a valuable service or product, until they can be self-sustaining.

       Every year, we grant subsidies to companies that have profits exceeding the subsidy for the same year. That means the subsidy is only contributing to their bottom line. Coupled with tax breaks allowing corporations to pay less than their fair share, taxpayers are paying for companies to exist without any taxpayer benefit.

       Make subsidies returnable to the government once the recipient is profitable above the subsidy amount for the same period. It is only common sense. Then that subsidy money can go to other deserving companies once they have helped get one become profitable.

      Susan Earley