August 11 demo reminder

  • Nadezda
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2013

      Welcome back from Pennsic everyone!

      And to those who didn't go, I hope you enjoyed the relative quiet of not having us travellers around.

      There is a demo on August 11 in Jefferson Park in conjunction with the Jefferson Park Sunday Market, a farmers market that I manage. The intent is to be a jump off for the Chicago Park Districts 'Shakespeare in the Park' happening the following week. So for anyone who has Tudor/Elizabethan leanings, come show off your garb. There will be space for fighting of all hand to hand flavors ( I don't think we've quite enough room for CA/seige). Archers would be welcome to show off their equipment (unstrung), we just can't shoot it.

      The official demo address is: 4822 N. Long Avenue, 60630 (at Higgins Ave), near Milwaukee Ave & the Jefferson Park Blue Line station.

      Baron's Noyes and some other musicians will be out to perform. Please coordinate with Master Robyyan ( rtesca-robyyan  <at> yahoo <dot> com  ), who is doing the scheduling.

      Help will be needed at the info booth and/or bring crafts to show off & work on. Note that if you need table space, you'll need to bring your own table for crafts--there're 2 for info and that's it.. There will be some parking available directly across the street to the east on Long Avenue and there is free street parking on Sundays.

      On site ready to eat food will include savory pies from Delightful Pastries & the Bridgeport Pasty food truck--I sought them out specifically for us for this day. They are a very well liked truck!

      Market hours are 9:30am - 1:30pm, but performances will focus on the 11am - 1:30 time frame.

      More info on the market ca be found at  www.jpna.net/fm.

      I hope to see you Sunday--let me know if you have questions,

      Nadezda

    • Nadezda
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2013
        According to my main produce vendor, foot traffic in early July was something over 200, and in theory should be increasing with each market as people become more aware of it & the new location we're in this year.
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 8, 2013