August 11 demo

  • Nadezda
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2013

      I know a lot of people are prepping for Pennsic about now, but not everyone is, so I wanted to get this out, especially for any crafters that might have some things they want to sell.

      As mentioned in the recent Ayreton moot notes, there is a demo on August 11 in Jefferson Park in conjunction with the Jefferson Park Sunday Market, a farmers market that I manage. The intent is to be a jump off for the Chicago Park Districts 'Shakespeare in the Park' happening the following week. So for anyone who has Tudor/Elizabethan leanings, come show off your garb. There will be space for fighting of all hand to hand flavors ( I don't think we've quite enough room for CA/seige). Archers would be welcome to show off their equipment, we just can't shoot it.

      But here's the bit that came up in my board meeting Monday night (I'm also president of the neighborhood association that sponsors the market--yep, I'm a special kind of crazy),

      my press secretary:  "they're going to sell stuff, right?"

      me: "um...<blink><blink> sure" --after all, we have other craft vendors out at all the other markets.

      So, if you've got something, that would appeal to a modern crowd that's medieval curious, bring it out. Just be prepared with your own sales display. I wouldn't haul out a lot of big stuff, we'll be on a grass area that's a little awkward to unload to, but that's up to you--I could actually see some furniture items potentially being marketable there. And my press secretary is going nuts with this--I've never seen her so excited about anything.

      Any musicial performers interested in this --this is part of what I 'sold' to the planning staff-- you're more than welcome. (I believe Baron's Noyes is in--please confirm). I'm sure we can get a chance for everyone--just remember, we're sticking to period music (no filk/inside jokes, as the crowd won't get it).

      And...info booth. If you don't have anything else you can/want to do for a demo, we standardly have a general info table at the market, and I'm hoping to have a couple of people there. Speaking of which, anyone got a stash of standard SCA brochures/fliers they could have available for this? I'm a little pressed for time on this one.

      Anyone who want to scope out the space, we're having a market this weekend, it's the 2nd & 4th Sundays, and is located at Higgins & Long Avenue (5425 Higgins), just off Milwaukee Ave, 60630, near Lawrence & I-90. There are also pictures on facebook--look for "Jefferson Park Sunday Market". Market hourse are 9:30am - 1:30pm. This weekend will also feature a food truck called Toasty Cheese around lunch hour. More info at  www.jpna.net/fm. There is free street parking.

      Nadezda

    • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11, 2013

        Confirming there will be instrumental music there. Whether that's the whole group or just a couple of us is still up in the air, but there will be music.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android