Renaissance Dance practice

  • Margrett Norwoode
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2013
      Renaissance Dance tonight was a lot of fun! We danced Rufty Tufty, Upon a Summer's Day, Queen's Almain, Hyde Park, Montard Bransle, Contrapasso and Gathering Peasecods!! More people and more dancing!!

      Come join us next time--contact me to be kept informed of our future schedule and location!

      Margrett
    • Margrett Norwoode
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 27, 2013
        We have continued to have Renaissance Dance practices on Tuesday evenings and would LOVE to have people join us. The more the merrier! And the more people we have, the greater variety of dances we can learn!

        Please join us if you are located in or near the northwest suburbs or are able to travel here.

        For tonight and for the next two Tuesday evenings, we have the large meeting room reserved at the Indian Trails Library in Wheeling. Practice starts at 6:30pm and ends at 8:30pm. There is plenty of free parking and the library is close to the Wheeling Metra station and not far from multiple other public transportation options.

        For more information about all our practices as well as information about other renaissance dance opportunities in the Chicago area, please join the Chicago Renaissance Dance Meetup:

        If you have questions, please contact me.

        Yours in service,
        Lady Margrett Norwoode

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 16, 2013
          Renaissance Dance in Chicago has a new home!!! Please join us on Tuesday evenings from 7pm to 9pm at The South Church in Mt. Prospect. The more people we have, the greater the variety of dances we can do.

          If you are coming, please RSVP on http://www.meetup.com/The-Chicago-Renaissance-Dance-Meetup-Group/

          Contact me if you have any questions!!

          Yours in service,
          Lady Margrett Norwoode
        • Sonia
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 16, 2013

            I hope to be back soon.  Please keep me updated.

            Sonia

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 23, 2013
              Our practice this week has a special feature, based on requests from the attendees. Dunstan and I will be dressing in Elizabethan clothing to demonstrate what it looks like to do the dances in historical context.

              We had a great time last week, with several new attendees and a variety of dances:
              Upon a Summer's Day;
              Belle Qui Pavane;
              Lorayn Almain;
              Amoroso;
              and a little more complicated English Country Dance for four couples than we had done before, Hyde Park.

              Please come and join us tomorrow from 7pm to 9pm at The South Church in Mt. Prospect.