Garb assistance

  • Robin Griffith
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23, 2013
      Greetings, all!

      I am quite new to the SCA - I've been to a few meetings of Robyyan's recorder consort and a Tree-Girt-Sea meeting, and that's it.  I've received an invitation to Pennsic and have decided to go.  The problem:  I don't have any garb.  I got a copy of the Medieval Tailor's Assistant and have a lot of sewing experience (plus "Gwen" is 12/13c. so the patterns are simple!) so for the most part I'll be able to manage.  However, I have many questions about details - sleeve shape, materials, etc.  I don't think they're *difficult* questions but I would love to be able to consult with someone(s).

      Would anyone be willing to chat with me about my questions and offer a bit of guidance?

      Many thanks!

      Gwen.

      Gwen verch Gryffydd
      Tree-Girt-Sea, Ayreton