Pennsic and heavy fighters

  • Scribesquire@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 30 , Mar 26 10:18 AM
      Greetings to all,

          After the wonderful spirit of co-operation that existed over this last weekend's event I was thinking (always a dangerous thing).  How many heavy fighters do we have that are going to Pennsic but do not belong to any organized household/group?  If we have enough (besides myself) perhaps we could begin practicing as a group with the thought of fighting together?  Let me know off list of your interested.  Scouts too!!

          Why limit it to just heavy combat?  Perhaps the rapier folks can do the same?

           This is assuming that I did not miss something and that this does not already exist in some form (and if that is the case, my humblest apologies to one and all).

      Henry of Exeter
      Scribesquire@...
    • drew n
      Message 2 of 30 , Mar 26 12:33 PM
        At Pennsic, the regions fight as divisions, essentially.  Individual houses inside those regions may fight as units within the division, but the Midlands, as a region, has a heavy commander (Vargas), XOs (Tuge and Sabah) and Serjants (whose names I can't all remember, but they include Gintaras, and two others).  The rapier regional commander is Anton, and I don't know who his officers are.  There was a post about this on Fraiser's Oak, which is the regional email list; it's hosted by Yahoo.

        The Midlands is traditionally one of the smaller regions, fighter-wise, at Pennsic, so we're always looking to increase our numbers.  If you're going to Pennsic, contact Vargas or Tuge or Sabah to make sure you're in the count!  (I've CC'd Sgt. Tuge and his assistant, Sgt. Angelique, simply because I know their email addresses, and I don't know Sabah's or Vargas'.)

        As far as non-affiliated fighers getting together to practice; that's definitely good.  Line tactics, shield-wall, triads; all of these will work within the larger context of the midlands unit.  It's also a good idea to try and make it to the big practices, like the one in Blackhawk coming up at the end of April, because there's nothing like training in a large unit.

            After the wonderful spirit of co-operation that existed over this last weekend's event I was thinking (always a dangerous thing).  How many heavy fighters do we have that are going to Pennsic but do not belong to any organized household/group?  If we have enough (besides myself) perhaps we could begin practicing as a group with the thought of fighting together?  Let me know off list of your interested.  Scouts too!!

            Why limit it to just heavy combat?  Perhaps the rapier folks can do the same?

             This is assuming that I did not miss something and that this does not already exist in some form (and if that is the case, my humblest apologies to one and all).

        Henry of Exeter
        Scribesquire@ comcast.net

        8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
      • Scribesquire@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 30 , Mar 26 1:39 PM
          Yes, I understand that.  What I was thinking, and did not express very well,  was something like you described "..as units within the division..".  With the unit being the Ayreton region.

          Henry of Exeter

          From: drew n <drewnmt@...>

          Message 4 of 30 , Mar 26 2:45 PM
            Many of us, when we are at Pennsic, fight with the Mighty Midlands Army.
            Everyone is welcome to join! If there are enough of us at a practice, we
            usually do some sort of melee training and practice.

            http://www.themidlands.org/army.html

            Upcoming practices/melee events include Warfaire in Blackhawk, Armoured
            Easter Egg Hunt in Baile na Scolari, and Border Skirmish IV in Ravenslake.

            ~Gintaras~
            (GIN'-te-ris)

            >From: Scribesquire@...
            >To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [Ayreton] Pennsic and heavy fighters
            >Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:18:03 +0000
            >
            >Greetings to all,
            >
            > After the wonderful spirit of co-operation that existed over this last
            >weekend's event I was thinking (always a dangerous thing). How many heavy
            >fighters do we have that are going to Pennsic but do not belong to any
            >organized household/group? If we have enough (besides myself) perhaps we
            >could begin practicing as a group with the thought of fighting together?
            >Let me know off list of your interested. Scouts too!!
            >
            > Why limit it to just heavy combat? Perhaps the rapier folks can do
            >the same?
            >
            > This is assuming that I did not miss something and that this does not
            >already exist in some form (and if that is the case, my humblest apologies
            >to one and all).
            >
            >Henry of Exeter
            >Scribesquire@...
          • David Roland
            Message 5 of 30 , Mar 26 5:54 PM
              Personally I think this is a great idea. The Ayreton Fighter
              Practice takes place at the Shire of Grey Gargoyles Sundays starting
              around 1 or 2 p.m.

              You certainly can bring up the idea there. I know some of the
              fighters who practice there, including 2 of the Sgts for Midlands,
              are planning to go to Pennsic and are melee oriented.

              Also there is a practice every Tuesday starting at 6:30 p.m. at the
              Thieves of Hearts Practice site. There is enough room that should
              there be enough interest melee practice can certainly happen.

              Some helpful suggestions for Ayreton fighter practices I know about.

              There ARE other fighter practices in the area but I do not know
              their amenability to melee practices.

              Ian

              --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Scribesquire@... wrote:

              > Yes, I understand that. What I was thinking, and did not express
              very well, was something like you described "..as units within the
              division..". With the unit being the Ayreton region.

              > Henry of Exeter

              > From: drew n <drewnmt@...>
              > At Pennsic, the regions fight as divisions, essentially.
              Individual houses inside those regions may fight as units within the
              division, but the Midlands, as a region, has a heavy commander
              (Vargas), XOs (Tuge and Sabah) and Serjants (whose names I can't all
              remember, but they include Gintaras, and two others). The rapier
              regional commander is Anton, and I don't know who his officers are.
              There was a post about this on Fraiser's Oak, which is the regional
              email list; it's hosted by Yahoo.

              > The Midlands is traditionally one of the smaller regions, fighter-
              wise, at Pennsic, so we're always looking to increase our numbers.
              If you're going to Pennsic, contact Vargas or Tuge or Sabah to make
              sure you're in the count! (I've CC'd Sgt. Tuge and his assistant,
              Sgt. Angelique, simply because I know their email addresses, and I
              don't know Sabah's or Vargas'.)

              > As far as non-affiliated fighers getting together to practice;
              that's definitely good. Line tactics, shield-wall, triads; all of
              these will work within the larger context of the midlands unit.
              It's also a good idea to try and make it to the big practices, like
              the one in Blackhawk coming up at the end of April, because there's
              nothing like training in a large unit.

            • Steven Krause
              Message 6 of 30 , Mar 26 6:30 PM
                As a former CO of the Midlands...

                There's a practical lower limit on unit size at Pennsic due to the sheer
                size and the ability to actually carry out tactics. That number is about
                15. At Pennsic, anything less than that is essentially chaff in the wind
                unless you are the Atlantian Ducal Goon Squad.

                IMO it's far more effective to train to be individually flexible so that
                the term "squad" doesn't have a real meaning within the Midlands. The
                East has used Triads for a couple decades as the basic unit of attack -
                three people, two up, one guiding from the rear. There are several
                varients of this, but the key to the tactic is the ability to pair up
                with ANYONE on your side and fight effectively with them without taking
                a delay in advancing on your opponent.

                It's to the Midland's credit that we also form up well and easily with
                other regional units, because it makes us Useful in the middle and end
                games during a scenario. Unlike some units where cohesion to themselves
                is paramount, we meld well with most other units and can plug and hold
                gaps quickly and well. I would hate to lose that in an effort to
                emphasize household units or local units.

                Capt. Dietrich von Andernach

                --
                Steven Krause Dietrich von Andernach
                Harried Engineer Captain of the Red Company
                Message 7 of 30 , Mar 26 6:57 PM
                  Well, I don't see a problem with that, I suppose.  It appears to me, just from observing over the past few years that most of the Pennsic-going fighters in the areyton area are associated with the Von Bs (a mighty force to be sure) or are unafilliated.

                  Because Von B's run the front line and TF runs the skirmishing units, there are lots of good roles to fill in second and third line support, main-unit poles and spears, and division reserves.

                  The best part about Pennsic is that we fight as a whole unit, tho.  The Midlands Army, Annulo Tabards red in the sun.  We're not the biggest, we're not the strongest, but by god we fight TOGETHER and FOR OUR KING.

                  If the non-affiliated fighters of Areyton can pull together to form a a cohesive part of that Army, so much the better!  But we need to be able to coalesce around whatever we have on the field at the time.  Being able to fill in wherever needed, especially in a res battle, is going to be critical for a small army like ours.  Any Areyton unit should concentrate on that, since it's what ends up happening, frequently.

                  From: drew n <drewnmt@yahoo. com>

[...]

                  Need Mail bonding?
                • drew n
                  Message 8 of 30 , Mar 26 7:07 PM

                    > http://www.themidlands.org/army.html

                    Wow, that's really out of date. Who do we contact to have it updated?

                    Bored stiff? Loosen up...
                    http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
                  • David&Peg Cook
                    Message 9 of 30 , Mar 26 7:12 PM
                      Well, Cerian is listed as the maintainer of the page. That might be a place
                      to start.

                      Zanie

                      David&Peg Cook
                      davidpeg@...
                      "The things that are given, not won, are the things that you want" --
                      Gomez, "See the World"

                      ________
                      > Bored stiff? Loosen up...
                      > http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
                      >

                      > ~~~~~

                      > To discontinue receiving discussion, but still receive announcements, go
                      to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/join and change your subscription
                      to "Special Notices". Activities coordinators, to get access to post
                      Special Notices, send a request to <Ayreton-owner@yahoogroups.com>.

                    • AlexdeSet@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 30 , Mar 26 8:22 PM
                        Greetings!
                             I would have expected thatto be ">an< Ayreton Fighter practice takes place at Grey Gargoyles.", since I know >an< Ayreton fighter practice takes place in Ravenslake-and, I suspect Tree-Girt-Sea, Vanished Wood, Rokkehealden, and Foxvale.
                             Of course, I could be mistaken. My appologies if I misapprehend.
                        Ta,

                        Personally I think this is a great idea. The Ayreton Fighter
                        Practice takes place at the Shire of Grey Gargoyles Sundays starting
                        around 1 or 2 p.m.

                        You certainly can bring up the idea there. I know some of the
                        fighters who practice there, including 2 of the Sgts for Midlands,
                        are planning to go to Pennsic and are melee oriented.

                        Also there is a practice every Tuesday starting at 6:30 p.m. at the
                        Thieves of Hearts Practice site. There is enough room that should
                        there be enough interest melee practice can certainly happen.

                        Some helpful suggestions for Ayreton fighter practices I know about.

                        There ARE other fighter practices in the area but I do not know
                        their amenability to melee practices.

                        Ian

                        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups .com, Scribesquire@ ... wrote:

                        > Yes, I understand that. What I was thinking, and did not express
                        very well, was something like you described "..as units within the
                        division..". With the unit being the Ayreton region.

                        > Henry of Exeter

                        > From: drew n <drewnmt@... >
                        > At Pennsic, the regions fight as divisions, essentially.
                        Individual houses inside those regions may fight as units within the
                        division, but the Midlands, as a region, has a heavy commander
                        (Vargas), XOs (Tuge and Sabah) and Serjants (whose names I can't all
                        remember, but they include Gintaras, and two others). The rapier
                        regional commander is Anton, and I don't know who his officers are.
                        There was a post about this on Fraiser's Oak, which is the regional
                        email list; it's hosted by Yahoo.

                        > The Midlands is traditionally one of the smaller regions, fighter-
                        wise, at Pennsic, so we're always looking to increase our numbers.
                        If you're going to Pennsic, contact Vargas or Tuge or Sabah to make
                        sure you're in the count! (I've CC'd Sgt. Tuge and his assistant,
                        Sgt. Angelique, simply because I know their email addresses, and I
                        don't know Sabah's or Vargas'.)

                        > As far as non-affiliated fighers getting together to practice;
                        that's definitely good. Line tactics, shield-wall, triads; all of
                        these will work within the larger context of the midlands unit.
                        It's also a good idea to try and make it to the big practices, like
                        the one in Blackhawk coming up at the end of April, because there's
                        nothing like training in a large unit.

                      • Doug Petroshius
                        Message 11 of 30 , Mar 27 7:35 AM
                          Getting back to Henry's original question, I think what would work best is
                          to incorporate melee practice into our regular fighter practices. Make it
                          part of the routine to show that we continue to strive to develop our melee
                          prowess throughout the year. As far as making an Aryeton unit as a division,
                          I don't see it as being as practical at Pennsic, however, for training
                          purposes I see a huge benefit. This could help encourage people to attend
                          Pennsic and participate in the Midlands Army. If there are a bunch of us
                          going to war and we train together, then it will only help the war efforts.

                          ~Gintaras~
                          (GIN'-te-ris)

                        • michael A
                          Message 12 of 30 , Mar 27 9:57 AM
                            Hi Alexander,

                            I believe the reason the grey gargoyle/ ida noyes
                            practice is termed "The ayerton practice", is because
                            it also is the official vanished wood and( im fairly
                            sure) the TGS practice for heavy as well. Thus even
                            though its grey gargoyles' site, they have graciously
                            let us piggy back onto it on a regular basis, thus
                            causing it to have aquired the more inclusive ayerton
                            name to reflect us joining them.

                            If any of my facts are incorrect please excuse me in
                            advance,
                            ---kiyohara

                          • David Roland
                            Message 13 of 30 , Mar 27 10:05 AM
                              Absolutely! I apologize for my lapses.

                              Ian

                            • AlexdeSet@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 30 , Mar 27 8:33 PM
                                By no means. It seems I am incorrect; I am told that because the GG practice includes TGS and VW, it is the Ayreton Practice.
                                "I believe the reason the grey gargoyle/ ida noyes
                                practice is termed "The ayerton practice", is because
                                it also is the official vanished wood and( im fairly
                                sure) the TGS practice for heavy as well. Thus even
                                though its grey gargoyles' site, they have graciously
                                let us piggy back onto it on a regular basis, thus
                                causing it to have aquired the more inclusive ayerton
                                name to reflect us joining them."
                                Is mise le meas,
                                Alexander

                                > I would have expected that to be ">an< Ayreton Fighter practice
                                takes place at Grey Gargoyles.", since I know >an< Ayreton fighter
                                practice takes place in Ravenslake-and, I suspect Tree-Girt-Sea,
                                Vanished Wood, Rokkehealden, and Foxvale.
                                > Of course, I could be mistaken. My appologies if I misapprehend.
                                > Ta,

                              • Dayle Harding
                                Message 15 of 30 , Mar 28 1:11 PM
                                  Henry--

                                  Now that the weather is getting better, I'm sure you will find many that are willing to do drills and the like in anticipation of the upcoming War season.  What's probably been missing is a communications chain to that.  If people know where they are planning on being, I'm sure my former Towne Cryer would be happy to post stuff about it.  (hint, hint).

                                  Even some of the households don't get a chance to get together that often.  For example, the Brandenburgs are kinda geographically all over the place.  However, we could probably get stuff announced there, too, and generate attendance.  I'm on that group, if no one else is (but I think there are more).

                                  So, let's use this group as it was designed to be, an announcement board.

                                  Acelina

                                  From: drew n <drewnmt@yahoo. com>

[...]

                                  The fish are biting.
                                • David Valenta
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Mar 29 1:01 PM
                                    Would any of the groups wish to re-establish the once-a-month
                                    rotating Ayerton practice?

                                    Guy Dawkins

                                    --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, AlexdeSet@... wrote:

                                    > By no means. It seems I am incorrect; I am told that because the GG
                                    practice includes TGS and VW, it is the Ayreton Practice."I believe
                                    the reason the grey gargoyle/ ida noyes
                                    > practice is termed "The ayerton practice", is because
                                    > it also is the official vanished wood and( im fairly
                                    > sure) the TGS practice for heavy as well. Thus even
                                    > though its grey gargoyles' site, they have graciously
                                    > let us piggy back onto it on a regular basis, thus
                                    > causing it to have aquired the more inclusive ayerton
                                    > name to reflect us joining them."
                                    > Is mise le meas,
                                    > Alexander

                                    __
                                    free from AOL at AOL.com.

                                  • David Roland
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Mar 29 2:07 PM
                                      The reason that I started e-mailing people was to get the practices
                                      synched up. Even with that effort people were still confused and
                                      attendance was down compared to the weeks where practices were not
                                      being rotated.

                                      I think should all pitch in on this idea and if that is what people
                                      want to do sure, lets do it. I'll make the announcements again.

                                      As an individual, - me - I personally think we shouldn't.

                                      Just my personal opinion.

                                      Ian

                                      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "David Valenta" <dvalenta@...> wrote:

                                      > Would any of the groups wish to re-establish the once-a-month
                                      > rotating Ayerton practice?
                                      >
                                      > Guy Dawkins
                                      >
                                      > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, AlexdeSet@ wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > By no means. It seems I am incorrect; I am told that because the
                                      GG
                                      > practice includes TGS and VW, it is the Ayreton Practice."I believe
                                      > the reason the grey gargoyle/ ida noyes
                                      > > practice is termed "The ayerton practice", is because
                                      > > it also is the official vanished wood and( im fairly
                                      > > sure) the TGS practice for heavy as well. Thus even
                                      > > though its grey gargoyles' site, they have graciously
                                      > > let us piggy back onto it on a regular basis, thus
                                      > > causing it to have aquired the more inclusive ayerton
                                      > > name to reflect us joining them."
                                      > > Is mise le meas,
                                      > > Alexander

                                    • Drew
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Mar 29 8:10 PM
                                        > Would any of the groups wish to re-establish the once-a-month
                                        > rotating Ayerton practice?
                                        >
                                        > Guy Dawkins

                                        If we want to reenforce the concept that Ayreton is ALL of the Chicago-land
                                        groups, and not just TGS and GG, then yes.

                                        Or make sure that it's entirely clear that ALL chicago-land group practices
                                        are Ayreton practices.

                                        Oh, what a goofy work is man. (The Tick!)
                                      • ayretontownecryer
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Mar 30 7:03 AM
                                          > If we want to reenforce the concept that Ayreton is ALL of the
                                          >Chicago-land groups, and not just TGS and GG, then yes.
                                          >
                                          > Or make sure that it's entirely clear that ALL chicago-land group
                                          > practices are Ayreton practices.

                                          > --
                                          > Oh, what a goofy work is man. (The Tick!)

                                          I believe if one reads the Ayreton Arts Martial Announcements that it
                                          is perfectly clear that all the practices are Ayreton Arts Martial
                                          Practices as the subject lines are wont to note in and of themselves.

                                          I will point out, as it was pointed out by Kiyohare this past week,
                                          that the "Ayreton Practice" is a combined practice of the Province of
                                          Tree Girt Sea, Grey Gargoyles AND Vanished Woods. As this is half
                                          the groups of Ayreton practicing in one spot it was felt that it was
                                          acceptable to call this the Ayreton Practice.

                                          I make it abundently clear, or at least I try to, in my Ayreton
                                          announcements that this is NOT the only practice in the Ayreton Area
                                          and advertise the Ravenslake, TGS, Thieves of Hearts etc etc etc
                                          practices as well on all my Arts Martial announcements including not
                                          just Heavy and Rapier but Boffer and archery as well. As yet I have
                                          not been requested to make Thrown weapons announcements but would
                                          happily do so.

                                          The fact that the announcement is made with the title Ayreton Arts
                                          Martial already puts the practice as an Arts Martial Practice in
                                          Ayreton. And as I previously stated, I go out of my way to state
                                          that there are other Ayreton Arts Martial practices besides the
                                          Ayreton Practice hosted by the Shire of Grey Gargoyles.

                                          So it is already well advertised that all the groups of Ayreton that
                                          have any form of Arts Martial practice ARE indeed Ayreton practices.

                                          Ian the Green

                                          Ayreton Towne Cryer
                                        • Drew Nicholson
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Mar 30 7:13 AM
                                            > I will point out, as it was pointed out by Kiyohare this past week,
                                            > that the "Ayreton Practice" is a combined practice of the Province of
                                            > Tree Girt Sea, Grey Gargoyles AND Vanished Woods. As this is half
                                            > the groups of Ayreton practicing in one spot it was felt that it was
                                            > acceptable to call this the Ayreton Practice.

                                            Simply logic rules state that if you call something THE Areyton
                                            practice, other things cannot also be Areyton practices.

                                            IMO, the GG/TGS/VW practice at Grey Gargoyles should be called, well,
                                            the GG/TGS/VW practice.

                                            When we had the rotating practices, suddenly people didn't want to go
                                            to Ravenslake, and it felt to me like that group was being "excluded"
                                            from being party of Areyton in practice, if not in name.

                                            Now they may -be- part of Areyton in name -- but, apparently, not in practice.
                                          • Dayle Harding
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Mar 30 3:28 PM
                                              Purple--

                                              Maybe this happened when you weren't in the area, but I believe that it was made QUITE clear that any and all of the practices that are announced on this site, as well as any guild meetings, other practices, or get togethers in general are for all of Ayreton to attend if they wish.  When Ian started collecting these things, he was on each of the local groups email groups, and was more than generous with his time to compile a list of whatever anyone sent him.  If the people in the group did not send it to him, it wasn't posted.  All postings were made with the idea that if it was on there, it was for all.  Otherwise, why bother.

                                              Is that enough reinforcement for you?
                                              Acelina

                                              > Would any of the groups wish to re-establish the once-a-month
                                              > rotating Ayerton practice?
                                              >
                                              > Guy Dawkins

                                              If we want to reenforce the concept that Ayreton is ALL of the Chicago-land
                                              groups, and not just TGS and GG, then yes.

                                              Or make sure that it's entirely clear that ALL chicago-land group practices
                                              are Ayreton practices.

                                              Oh, what a goofy work is man. (The Tick!)

                                              with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.
                                            • Drew Nicholson
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Mar 30 9:14 PM
                                                It is a semantic difference.

                                                However, when you're talking about the title-ing of something, semantics is important.

                                                Calling one of the practices in the Areyton area THE Areyton practice leads to the conclusion that other practices, while inviting to Areyton members, are -not- Areyton practices.

                                                It's like a university including non-affiliated club meetings in a newsletter for informational purposes.

                                                On 3/30/07, Dayle Harding <acelinaofderelei@...> wrote:

                                                Purple--

                                                Maybe this happened when you weren't in the area, but I believe that it was made QUITE clear that any and all of the practices that are announced on this site, as well as any guild meetings, other practices, or get togethers in general are for all of Ayreton to attend if they wish.  When Ian started collecting these things, he was on each of the local groups email groups, and was more than generous with his time to compile a list of whatever anyone sent him.  If the people in the group did not send it to him, it wasn't posted.  All postings were made with the idea that if it was on there, it was for all.  Otherwise, why bother.

                                                Is that enough reinforcement for you?
                                                Acelina

                                                > Would any of the groups wish to re-establish the once-a-month
                                                > rotating Ayerton practice?
                                                >
                                                > Guy Dawkins

                                                If we want to reenforce the concept that Ayreton is ALL of the Chicago-land
                                                groups, and not just TGS and GG, then yes.

                                                Or make sure that it's entirely clear that ALL chicago-land group practices
                                                are Ayreton practices.

                                                Oh, what a goofy work is man. (The Tick!)

                                                with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.

                                              • em
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Mar 31 11:14 AM
                                                  I don't really think it matters what the practices are called. If
                                                  someone wants to fight the times and locations of where and when they
                                                  can do so are clearly listed in the yahoo group postings. There are
                                                  multiple locations and times throughout the week to work into anyone's
                                                  schedule or travel limitations. I don't think many fighters would
                                                  care if the practice was called "The Pink Fuzzy Bunny Practice" as
                                                  long as there were other people there to hit with sticks.

                                                  Mei Li
                                                • Sheehan, Justin
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Mar 31 12:11 PM
                                                    I submit that we promptly rename all practices "The Official Pink Fuzzy Bunny Practice, With Sticks." Because it really doesn't matter!

                                                    ________________________________

                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Mar 31 12:27 PM
                                                      The pink fuzzy bunny weapons masters might object...

                                                      ____________ _________ _________ __

                                                      I don't really think it matters what the practices are called. If
                                                      someone wants to fight the times and locations of where and when they
                                                      can do so are clearly listed in the yahoo group postings. There are
                                                      multiple locations and times throughout the week to work into anyone's
                                                      schedule or travel limitations. I don't think many fighters would
                                                      care if the practice was called "The Pink Fuzzy Bunny Practice" as
                                                      long as there were other people there to hit with sticks.

                                                      Mei Li

                                                      No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.23/740 - Release Date: 3/30/2007 1:15 PM
                                                    • Sir Ix
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Apr 1, 2007
                                                        >I submit that we promptly rename all practices "The Official Pink
                                                        >Fuzzy Bunny Practice, With Sticks." Because it really doesn't matter!

                                                        Only if that can be for all the Midlands! I want Pinkf Fuzzy Bunny
                                                        Practice with sticks and steel, but they can be unofficial :)
                                                        --
                                                        Sir Ixtilixochitl
                                                        Midlands - http://www.themidlands.org

                                                        (Bo Ring - TriLutions - http://www.galesburg.net)
                                                      • Christian Fournier
                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Apr 1, 2007
                                                          I submit that we promptly rename all practices "The Official Pink Fuzzy Bunny Practice, With Sticks." Because it really doesn't matter!

                                                          Sorry, Justin, but that name is already taken-- there's a group from Georgia, who camp on Runestone Hill  at Pennsic (you have to walk through their camp, sort of, to get to mine) called Pink Fuzzy Bunny.  I wouldn't want to cause any confusion....

                                                           XF
                                                        • Johannes Machiavelli
                                                          Message 28 of 30 , Apr 1, 2007
                                                            OK

                                                            Pink Fuzzy Bunny is out.

                                                            What about "Fushia Fluffy Weasleope Practice, With
                                                            Sticks"

                                                            Johannes

                                                            ::Grin::

                                                            --- Christian Fournier <cf@...> wrote:

                                                            > > I submit that we promptly rename all practices
                                                            > "The Official Pink
                                                            > > Fuzzy Bunny Practice, With Sticks." Because it
                                                            > really doesn't matter!
                                                            >
                                                            > Sorry, Justin, but that name is already taken--
                                                            > there's a group from
                                                            > Georgia, who camp on Runestone Hill at Pennsic (you
                                                            > have to walk
                                                            > through their camp, sort of, to get to mine) called
                                                            > Pink Fuzzy
                                                            > Bunny. I wouldn't want to cause any confusion....
                                                            >
                                                            > XF

                                                            Get your own web address.
                                                          • Johannes Machiavelli
                                                            Message 29 of 30 , Apr 1, 2007

                                                              Message 30 of 30 , Apr 1, 2007
                                                                The Official Ayreton Vaguely Teal Shorthair Guinea Pigs Practice, With Sticks and Steel and Sometimes Plastic-We-Know-it-Isn't-Period-but-Neither-is-Your-Prius

                                                                For the win!

                                                                ________________________________

                                                                --- Christian Fournier <cf@... <mailto:cf%40klocktower.org> > wrote:

                                                                > > I submit that we promptly rename all practices
                                                                > "The Official Pink
                                                                > > Fuzzy Bunny Practice, With Sticks." Because it
                                                                > really doesn't matter!
                                                                >
                                                                > Sorry, Justin, but that name is already taken--
                                                                > there's a group from
                                                                > Georgia, who camp on Runestone Hill at Pennsic (you
                                                                > have to walk
                                                                > through their camp, sort of, to get to mine) called
                                                                > Pink Fuzzy
                                                                > Bunny. I wouldn't want to cause any confusion....
                                                                >
                                                                > XF

                                                                Get your own web address.
                                                                http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p=BESTDEAL <http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p=BESTDEAL>