To the warm and welcoming area of Ayreton

  • aldyet@broomstich.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2007
      I would like to thank everyone that I met this weekend, and those from
      the past few weeks, for their overwhelmingly welcoming hospitality.
      It is always difficult moving to a new location, and it seems it is
      even more so, when you have to move for work reasons. Coming to a new
      area, where you know no one, & are many hours away from family and
      friends, is never a pleasant experience. Granted it is easier when you
      are in the SCA as there normally are people out there with shared
      interests, you just need to find where they are at :-) .

      Though my lord, His Lordship Lukas Mesmer, and myself, have been in
      this area for over a year, this was the first event I was able to
      attend in the Kingdom. Everyone I met was so hospitable and friendly,
      it made me look forward to my next Ayreton event. For that, I thank
      you all, it really helps with the transition into a new area &
      Kingdom. In particular, there were a few souls, I would like to thank,
      who have this transition so much easier. I would like to start by
      thank Desco & Anton for allowing me to volunteer my time. A girl with
      a yellow belt can feel useless if she isn?t keeping her hands busy. I
      would also like to thank the ?Pirates? and ?Thieves? for making me
      feel welcomed, and allowing me to tag along. Among that I would like
      to thank ?Da Mamma? for her kind generosity, and her hug, as well as
      to Baight, Diane & Gwen. You are the kind of kind gentles who due your
      kingdom & group proud. Most importantly, I would like to thank Lady
      Keile, for allowing me to be her shadow for the day, without such a
      kind friend, I doubt we would have ever made it to our first middle
      event.

      Finally, I would like to thank you to everyone who smiled at me,
      welcomed me, or remebered me from the Italian Dress class. Even the
      little nod in the hall, made me feel so very welcomed into this kind
      group.

      For those of you who have not met my lord, I promise he does exist and
      will come meet all of you soon, hopefully on the heavy field with his
      pole arm, and afterwards with his beer.

      Once again thank you to the entire group of Ayreton. Out of all the
      kingdoms I have had the pleasure to play in, I have a feeling this
      might group might be one of my favorite.

      Lady Aldyet Le Chaundeleur.
    • Marie Schorn
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 26, 2007
        Hi Lady Aldyet,

        Glad you're here!  Where do you live?

        Arrienne - Tree Girt Sea (North side of Chicago area group)
        - although I travel daily from Vanished Wood to TGS.

        Here are some SCA events coming up that are reasonably near by.

        Three Saints and a Reindeer is an SCA event that is less than 3 hours away (Layfeyette, IN) on April 14th,

        War Faire 2 is even closer (about an hour, I'm guessing - Rockford, IL) on April 21

        Chaos Charavan is just south of Chicago (into IN) on May 5th

        Ragnarok Rampage is about an hour west on June 2

        and Border Skirmish is about an hour north (Ravenslake) on June 23rd.

        For more information on these events, you can check the Midrealm website - www.midrealm.org.