*Renaissance Dance Practice, Tues March 27*

  • Teleri
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2007
      We're back at the University of Chicago this week for Renaissance Dance Practice. Everyone is welcome to come and learn a variety of styles of dance from many countries and times through the European Renaissance.

      **Location and Schedule**

      Schedule: Tuesdays 7 to 9 pm

      Location: University of Chicago Campus, Burton-Judson dormitory, 1005 E. 60th Street.
      http://maps.uchicago.edu/south/
      We are in the Lounge, which is on the far side of the building. Go across the 1st courtyard into the second, and diagonally across the second and up the stairs (about where the "L" in "Law" is on the map).

      If you have problems finding or getting in the dorm, call our Student Representative, Caillech (Caitlin) on her cell (510) 520-0969, and she'll help you out.

      *** UNIVERSITY SECURITY POLICIES ****

      Since the current location is a dorm, remember that we need to respect the University policies. So far, we haven't had any trouble working with them. If you would like to come to dance, please do the following:
      ** Send your mundane name to ctulloch AT uchicago DOT edu (Caitlin) to be on the member list.
      ** Bring a picture ID with you.

      Check in with the people at the front desk, and tell them you are with the dance group. We are keeping the list of names for the whole semester, so you can come to any practice. Send us your name even if you just think you might come (you are not obligated to come, but it's FUN!!).

      **Other details**
      You do not need to bring a partner to dance...
      Everyone from the Chicago region (and beyond) is invited...
      You may dress in street clothes or in garb...
      Beginners and Experts, as well as anyone in between, are needed and welcomed...

      **Dance Events**
      More details are available at www.midrealm.org
      3/31/2007 Ann Arbor MI, Terpsichore at the Tower XIII http://www.cynnabar.org/terpsichore/
      4/28/2007 Madison, WI, Northshield Dance Seminar XXI http://home.earthlink.net/~sbbush/nds/index.html

      For questions or last minute updates:

      Teleri (Sharon): 847 - 797 - 5717 (home)
      alta_gioiosa AT yahoo DOT com

      Dunstan (Robert): 773 - 725 - 2798
      darclan28 AT yahoo DOT com

      Yours in Service,