Re: [Ayreton] demo request - Deerpath Middle School, Lake Forest IL

  • kevin purtrell
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2013
      I might be available. Are they interested in fencing?

      Kevin Ambrozijwski

      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2013
        Should be able to help. Very close to work.

        Kristiana

        Sent from my iPhone

      • Diane Dover
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2013
          I probably could assist as well.
          Saraswati

          To: ShireofRavenslake@yahoogroups.com
          CC: ShireofRavenslake@yahoogroups.com; ayreton@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 5 , May 6, 2013
            Good morning, folks,

            Thank you to everyone who has responded! I believe we'll have enough
            people available to do both a morning (10:10am - 12:20pm) and an
            afternoon (1:45pm - 3:30pm) section.

            Please confirm your availability for either or both sessions. (And YES,
            WE CAN STILL USE A FEW MORE PEOPLE TO HELP!)

            Marie: all day - emcee, daily life, heraldry, rapier
            Kristiana: morning - topics?
            Metylda: morning - fiber arts
            Hilla: which session(s)? - music and storytelling
            Anna Rakel (Midlands MoY): which session(s)? - stained glass
            Abbess Katherine: which session(s)?
            Maggie: which session(s)? - games and diversions
            Michael Arendt: which session(s)? - blacksmithing
            Kevin Ambrozijwski: which session(s)? - topics?
            Saraswati: which session(s)? - topics?

            Their usual plan with outside presenters is to do three 40-minute
            sessions in the morning; at that time, the grade is broken into 3
            groups and will cycle through all three presentations. (The kids move,
            not us, so we can set up static displays.) The afternoon is two
            25-minute sessions, then everyone together for a final 45 minutes.
            Their study emphasis has been on feudalism and on "life on the manor".
            A section on "dress the Lady" or "armour the Knight", as well as the
            Who Will Survive? game, would go over well.

            We can do combat so long as we have the appropriate marshal (I've
            already confirmed that our weapons are permitted). It will be in the
            final session (2:45 - 3:30) and weather permitting will be outside.

            I'm meeting with the school's contact person on Wednesday afternoon and
            will find out how many kids to plan for, whether we can buy lunch in
            the cafeteria or will need to make other lunch arrangements, and any
            other needs or restrictions there might be.

            The school is just off Highway 41 in Lake Forest, very easy to get to.
            Thank you, everyone!
            ~Marie