Ayreton Carnivale: Come fence with us

  • Christian Fournier
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10 5:50 PM
      There will be plenty of indoor space for fencing at the Ayreton Carnivale this Saturday, in Des Plaines Illinois!

      While I've just taken on the duties of MIC, I might be a bit late arriving myself, so here's the schedule:

      10:00 - 12:00 : Inspection, warm-ups and practice, under the supervision of any rapier marshal present
      12:00 - 1:00 : Authorizations and final inspections
      1:00 - 2:30 : Glory and Honor tournament
      2:30 - 3:30 : Open practice and clean-up

      Here's what I'm planning to run for the tournament:

      Glory and Honor tournament

      Fencers will be assigned to two or more teams, each with a captain assigned. Captains will take it in turns, choosing fencers from their teams (including themselves) to meet challenges assigned by the marshal. (For example, the marshal may call for each team to present a fencer with single sword, to play to three killing touches).

      The marshal will assign renown to each fencer, and to their team, based on their performance within the challenges. The fencer with the greatest renown at the end of the day shall be considered the tournament victor. Fencers from each team will also choose one member of their opposing team, to acknowledge for excellence in style and sportsmanship.

      Come fence with us!

      XF