OYEZ!!! OYEZ!!! OYEZ!!!

  • ayretontownecryer
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 25, 2007

      Be it known unto all that may read, may see and may hear of it,

      Ayreton, made up of the Province of Tree Girt Sea, the Shires of Rokkehealdon, Grey Gargoyles, Ravenslake, Vanished Woods and the Incipient Shire of Foxvale, does have a new Mayor!!!

      My sincere and warm regards to The Honorable Lady Acelina!  It was a pleasure working with you as your Cryer.  It was fun and it was an honor.

      My greetings and congratulations to the New Mayor!

      The Honorable Lord Mayor Ettienne!!!

      HOOBAH!!!

      Rumor has it that The Honorable Lord Mayor is accepting applications for civic duty, even from the past mayor's appointees, er, applicants.

      Also donations to the Ayreton Largess are always acceptable...

      Ian the "still has his head for the moment" Green

      Ayreton Towne Cryer

    • Robin Goldman
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 26, 2007
        Etienne,

        Whatever assistance can offer I hearby submit myself to you for any service you see fit to offer me.  I am not certain of what the offices are but will gladly help out any way I can.

        Welcome as New Lord Mayor and best wishes to both you and Sarafina!!!  Hoobah!!

        Lady Eleanor Ravenild

        Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
      • desroches56
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 26, 2007
          Greetings Unto All the Good Gentles of the Area of Ayreton

          I am most proud, yet humble to be addressing you as your new Lord
          Mayor. This is both a happy and momentous day for me, as this is a
          position of responsibility which I bear quite seriously. My many
          thanks to my predecessors in this office, and to those whose efforts
          have helped develop this successful effort in regional cooperation.
          Much has been done, and much more can be accomplished with vision
          and participation by all of us.
          My immediate desire is to increase the visibilty of the
          Mayor's office by creating a presence that will be seen at all area
          events, as well as outside our area to promote a unified image
          throughout the kingdom. This will also help facilitate contact with
          the populace, to foster comments and suggestions from all. Toward
          that end, feel free to contact me either in person, or online at
          spdesroches@... with your positive comments and suggestions.

          In Service to Ayreton and The Middle Kingdom

          THL Etienne le Couteau des Roches
          ODH, OSO, APF, GoA (Atlantia), AoA (Atlantia)
        • Meurig ap Cynfarch
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 26, 2007
            There was a discussion some time ago about designing a banner that the
            mayor and all Ayreton groups could unite under.

            Did we ever decide upon anything?

            Perhaps we should give our new mayor some heraldry.

            Meurig ap Cynfarch
          • Paul Beck
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 26, 2007
              I faintly recall some other mayor having an Office of Special Events (although his name escapes me at the moment) - and I got thinking .......maybe we could have one too!!

              There is already a whole bunch of events happening in the area, and our devoted Town Cryer informs us of such - perhaps we can give him an official department!

              This other mayor also has a number of parades....and I still think we should have have our own! Sadly there was no parade at out event, but there is nothing to say we can't have one in the future.  What better way to show our unity by walking together under one banner. (There is a parade at Jubilee, perhaps we could plan on designing a banner and regalia)

              Meurig ap Cynfarch,
              (all words and no action)

              with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.
            • David Roland
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 28, 2007
                I think Meurig must have it in for me. :-)

                Likely not though.

                As a member inside of Ayreton I think these ideas have merit and we
                should discuss them. I do very much like the ideas on a personal
                level.

                As the Towne Cryer...

                My job at this point, as I see it, is to keep people informed about
                the activities, demos and events in the area that I have been ASKED
                to make announcements about.

                While this is a passive receiving role - I don't announce anything
                that I haven't been explicitly asked to announce - It is a very
                active sending role. I try to make the announcements once a week but
                as we all know I sometimes spread out the announcements for a bit
                longer time.

                That happens because of real life and other SCA obligations. I am
                more than happy to continue in this role but for me personally I
                simply can not pick up any more duties because of real life and
                previous SCA obligations.

                So if this is something that we as Ayreton agree to do and have,
                great! But, I simply would not do a very good job at it as I could
                not pay it the attention it would most assuredly deserve.

                Any ideas on what this Office of Special Events should do?

                Ian the Green

                --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Paul Beck <nicothoe@...> wrote:

                > I faintly recall some other mayor having an Office of Special
                Events (although his name escapes me at the moment) - and I got
                thinking .......maybe we could have one too!!

                > There is already a whole bunch of events happening in the area, and
                our devoted Town Cryer informs us of such - perhaps we can give him
                an official department!

                > This other mayor also has a number of parades....and I still think
                we should have have our own! Sadly there was no parade at out event,
                but there is nothing to say we can't have one in the future. What
                better way to show our unity by walking together under one banner.
                (There is a parade at Jubilee, perhaps we could plan on designing a
                banner and regalia)

                > Meurig ap Cynfarch,
                > (all words and no action)
                >

                > ---------------------------------
                > Don't get soaked. Take a quick peek at the forecast
                > with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.

              • Dayle Harding
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 28, 2007
                  Sigh....and I even used the term Mayor's Office of Special Events....and apparently went unnoticed.  Maybe Etienne will have more luck with that...

                  I faintly recall some other mayor having an Office of Special Events (although his name escapes me at the moment) - and I got thinking .......maybe we could have one too!!

                  There is already a whole bunch of events happening in the area, and our devoted Town Cryer informs us of such - perhaps we can give him an official department!

                  This other mayor also has a number of parades....and I still think we should have have our own! Sadly there was no parade at out event, but there is nothing to say we can't have one in the future.  What better way to show our unity by walking together under one banner. (There is a parade at Jubilee, perhaps we could plan on designing a banner and regalia)

                  Meurig ap Cynfarch,
                  (all words and no action)

                  with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.

                  Get your own web address.
                • AlexdeSet@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 28, 2007
                    Greetings!
                         Back in time, the Lord Mayor's Office for Special Events made announcements and helped people and groups ... "arrange things" ... if there were a new office-holder or political appointee, the LMOfSE would publicize it. If there were an event, it would be announced; if there were a need for the populace to cough up... I mean, to supply a person or thing (list ropes, Marshal, etc) the the call would go out. Sort of like the Towne Cryer, but more Chicago-like. None of it done by the Lord Mayor, of course, that was the LMOfSE, with help from longshoremen Guido and Rocco, who are adept at interpersonal attitude readjustment.
                    Is mise le meas,
                    Alexander de Seton

                  • spdesroches@att.net
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 28, 2007

                      Thank You Alexander, et al

                      The town crier does indeed already fulfill the mission quite well. We will soon have a bigger and better web page thanks to Lord Tedesco, with easier access and better features. I've also suggested the Towne Crier increase his announcements from just once a month to twice. My opinion is that it is better to have too much(?) info than not enough in time. Fighter practices and A&S gatherings deserve the best chance at the largest attendance as possible, and newcomers may miss on an announcement that occurs only monthly.

                      Hizzoner Etienne

                      -------------- Original message from AlexdeSet@...: --------------

                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 28, 2007
                        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Meurig ap Cynfarch" <nicothoe@...>
                        wrote:

                        > There was a discussion some time ago about designing a banner that
                        the
                        > mayor and all Ayreton groups could unite under.
                        >
                        > Did we ever decide upon anything?
                        >
                        > Perhaps we should give our new mayor some heraldry.
                        >
                        > Meurig ap Cynfarch

                        Greetings Ayreton-ites

                        The heraldry suggestion is well-taken. So far we have used the
                        linked ring as seen on the necklace. Six segments with crenellated
                        borders, each with a different color representing the groups, with a
                        script "A" in the center. I'll include a picture for reference. This
                        was first seen included in the original propasal/charter for the
                        creation of the Lord Mayor's office, and also used on the back of
                        the coronation tokens of Felix and Madeleina 1, held here and the
                        first true Ayreton event. I'm kinda fond of the concept. We're
                        working on the banner.

                        Hizzoner Etienne
                      • krpurtell
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 4, 2007
                          Of course, it is not absoultely necessary to register such a Badge
                          with the College of Heralds in order to display it.

                          -Kevin Ambrozijwski, just a guy who knows something about Heraldry
                          and is not responding in any kind of offical capacity at all.

                          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "desroches56" <spdesroches@...>