Fwd: May Bardic This Friday

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24 9:52 AM
      This is the last minute reminder about our fifth bardic circle; 26 May 2006, the fourth Friday in May, from around 7 to around midnight.

      It will be at our house:

      Kyla Mead & Dycon Gestour
      2412 Dunlay Court
      Waukegan IL 60085
      (847)775-1598

      (Directions below.)

      We prefer a play, pick or pass format.  We are also using the 'wheel of fish'.  (Since it went over fairly well last time.)  We  prefer this to be a bardic open to all types of music.  If you have instrumental music that you want other people to be able to play with you, please bring sheet music to share, preferably with guitar chords noted.  If you have songs that you want people to learn words to, please bring words to share; at least the first time through, it is good to have lyrics in front of you.  I have several instruments available to lend, including a guitar, a harp, a lap dulcimer, recorders, bamboo flutes, penny whistles and a mandola.

      RSVP requested, BYOB.  We will have munchies and some soda, please feel free to bring what you want to eat, and drink.  There are currently no pets in this house.  Smoking is outside only, an ashtray is provided.

      Dycon has put his shield out.

      From the North / South:
      Take 94/41 or 294 to 120/Belvidere
      Take 120 East to past Green Bay
      Keller becomes McAree at Washington
      Continue North to Dunlay
      Dunlay is the first right past Washington.
      (Directly across from the 'El Paraiso' Mexican restaurant.)
      Dunlay is a "circle."
      We are on the island, on the far side, in the middle.
      White brick house with blue drapes on the right hand side windows.

      From the East / West:

      Best options to Washington
      From the West, take Washington East past Green Bay to Keller / McAree
       Or if from the East, take Washington West Past the 7-11 to McAree
      Keller becomes McAree at Washington
      Take McAree North to Dunlay

    • andys@uchicago.edu
      Message 2 of 3 , May 24 10:20 AM
        Has any transportation been identified that could get there?

        Thanks,
        Alfgeir
      • andys@uchicago.edu
        Message 3 of 3 , May 24 12:28 PM
          No good - I need to be here until 5:00.

          I wonder if anybody else who is actually in Chicago is going... we might be able to
          hitch a ride with them.

          Alfgeir