A last note from the FORMER Lady Mayor

  • Dayle Harding
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25 10:05 AM
      Good citizens of Ayreton (and their friends)--

      Yesterday was a fabulous success for all.  My family and I all had fun, and I heard only positive things.  Those who did not stay for feast missed out on great food and fun.

      We all owe a huge Thank You to Tedesco and Llochlain for being great co-autocrats, Ghita and her crew for a great feast, and all the marshals, runners, judges, entrants, trolls, servers, and countless others who made the day work wonderfully.  I asked to stay on as Mayor until this event happened, and I feel like I got to leave on a very up note.

      And Kuji--Thanks for the divination.  It was great fun to watch.

      Some personal thanks for the last year and three months:

      Guerric and Sarah, for being cooperative and supportive of yet another demand on my time.

      Ian and Tedesco, for being not only my great communicators, but my sounding boards, and turning into great friends in the process.

      My staff....rat releaser, rat catcher, alderman (alderwoman), and other advisors that helped make it a fun ride.

      And the populace of Ayreton...for reminding me why I love to live and play here.

      It's been a great time, and I have been honored to be the Mayor.  I hope I haven't forgotten anyone, and if I have, I beg exhaustion!

      Long live the new Mayor (four more years....)

      Acelina
      who now hopes others can see how well we really DO play together.....

      The fish are biting.
    • ayretontownecryer
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 25 6:02 PM
        Oh ex-boss...

        There are other things that we of Ayreton should be duly thankful to
        as well.

        Unto the Populace of Ayreton and indeed everyone that came, our
        sincere thanks! Without you this event would have been all for
        naught. It is you that attended. It is you that went to classes,
        it is you that participated in the championships.

        Unto the Thieves of Hearts our thanks for having provided lunch and
        feeding th hungry souls who came to your table. If there was a
        fault in the amount of food it certainly wasn't the Thieves fault as
        they made the number they were asked to make. Also thanks the
        Thieves of Hearts for helping out with serving feast, one with a
        broken arm even. And even among the Thieves we must thank Captain
        Liam Martini for it is he who unlocked the doors and seemingly was
        everywhere.

        Unto our Champions of Ayreton each and every one. Our grateful
        thanks to your skill, comportment and courtesy. We expect you to
        continue to shine as an example of our great area! Our thanks to
        their opponents. Everyone fought with skill as well as courtesy and
        comportment. It was no easy task to pick merely one champion for
        each category.

        Yes, we of Ayreton have champions in Archery, youth archery, Rapier,
        Heavy, and (forgive me for I am spelling this phonetically as best I
        can) Hoonkerhausen. I dare say no other group in the SCA has a
        champion for Hoonkerhausen. (Yes, I'll let another good gentle
        explain the game. Personally I blame Sgt of the Red Company Duncan
        the Monster.)

        Our thanks to Metylda, class coordinator of a fantastic class
        schedule! Also and certainly our thanks to the instructors of those
        classes. It is you that enrich our area and most importantly the
        Kingdom by spreading your knowledge and encouraging others to pick
        up a new skill, craft or interest and pursue it as well as improve
        skills already known.

        There are so many who did so much to help. If we were but perfect
        we could, and would, recognize each ane every one of you. Alas we
        are not perfect and so please forgive our lapses. Know that we
        understand that without everyone who pitched in on this event it
        could not have been as wonderful as it was. Our thanks to you and
        our apologies for not publicly recognizing you.

        Now good folks of Ayreton the final numbers are not fully known to
        me and when they are I daresay I shall announce them. We had in
        attendance 200 people at this event. Those 200 people can attest
        that the event site is not merely large but truly HUGE! 200 people
        hardly filled the space at all. Easily we could have had another
        200 people and still not filled the space.

        I, personally, look forward to having this event again and with more
        people in attendance. This was the first Ayreton Carnivale and YOU!
        made it a success. Lets make it a bigger success next time!

        Oh, and yeah, we have a new mayor...

        Wonder if this one'll let me keep my head too...

        Ian the Green Ayreton Towne Cryer

        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Dayle Harding <acelinaofderelei@...>