Midlands Largess- Public Service Announcement

  • Verena Entenwirt
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2013
      Midlands Largess is a Facebook A&S based "secret-gift" exchange for
      the Midlands region. The object is to create for less then $25 a
      product that be used by the recipient in the SCA. The items for this
      round are due September 30th with an optional face-to face exchange at
      the Shire of Dark Rivers 35th year anniversary event.

      Because it originated on Facebook, I assume some people here have not
      heard about the group. Honestly, it is a brilliant idea that allows
      you to meet other artisans throughout the Midlands, create something
      really cool ( and usually very loved by the recipient), and receive a
      kinda cool gift in exchange.

      I HIGHLY recommend people think about joining. This past swap the
      person I got received a bag of hand spun/hand dyed yarn ( they are a
      knitter and never had a chance to play with hand spun fibers). In
      exchange I got the coolest leather journal with a duck on it to be
      used to record my brewing recipes. I usually make leather things for
      others, so it was so awesome to receive something made out of leather
      for myself ( I honestly can't describe how much I adore this journal).

      Others have received pottery, silk painted objects, embroidered bags,
      an oriental long bow, and other really cool items.

      If you would like to sign up- email the following information to
      musidora4@...
      SCA Name
      Address ( so you can get your gift)
      Persona
      Device
      Other Info ( What you do, what you like, allergies)
      Email Address

      The end date to sign up is this Saturday. Any questions, you can ask
      myself (verena@...) or Elizabeth "Cookie" at
      musidora4@...

      --
      Baroness Verena Entenwirth