Re: [Ayreton] Camping with the Great Dark Horde

  • Neal Sherry
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 30, 2013
      I agree with Fern wholeheartedly. I camped at The Great Dark Horde for many years and loved it. They really are a wonderful group of people, and good hosts.
      You'll not find a better location in all of Pennsic. Period. Close to everything, on a hill(no floods), a nice sprinkling of trees for shade. They have the spot man.

      Dru

      On Jan 30, 2013, at 12:28 PM, Fern <fern1445-tgs@...> wrote:

      I think this will work out just fine.

      There are some really nice things about Horde camp, in addition to the nearby location and the fact that everybody can find it.

      The Horde camp has a really good shower system, and a nice entry tent for guard duty, where they can take messages for you, and a huge campfire circle. Plus, they arranged a truck to drive the fighters up to the muster point for the Woods Battle!

      It was a good place to camp, and I'm sure that Ayreton will make a bunch of new friends this year.

      yours,

      Fern

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 21, 2013

        Greetings unto all,

            Below is the fighting that will be happening at coronation.  Please distribute to any and lists as appropriate.  Assuming weather is acceptable we shall do all fighting outside, if the weather chooses not to cooperate, we will be inside.

        Heavy:

        1. First Tournament: A Challenge Style Flower Tourney to run one hour, each challenge should be 2 out of 3, winner gets 3 points, defeated combatant gets 1 point. Also the winner will choose who the flower will be given to and send the defeated combatant to the Queen’s gallery to get the flower and deliver to the designated consort.  Consort with the most flowers will get bragging rights about her/his fighter and a small token from the Queen.

        1. Second Tournament:  This will be a Team Pool Tourney.  Each team will consist of 3 fighters, each team must have two Weapon/Shield-men, and one fighter of any other style. The teams will fight each other once, the two teams with the highest scores from the pool will fight a final 2 out of 3 bout. Adjust the number of pools and format to accommodate the number of teams that sign up. Team names should be a combination of a Knightly Virtue, and a region name. Example, ‘Courage of Pentamere’.

        Fencing:

        1. A Challenge Style Flower Tourney to run one hour, each challenge should be 2 out of 3, winner gets 3 points, defeated combatant gets 1 point. Also the winner will choose who the flower will be given to and send the defeated combatant to the Queen’s gallery to get the flower and deliver to the chosen consort.  Consort with the most flowers will get bragging rights about her/his fighter and a small token from the Queen.  THIS TOURNEY WILL BE IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE HEAVY TOURNEY VERSION, THEY WILL NOT RUN SIMULTANOUSLY.

            2.  There will be one or two other fencing tournaments.  TBD.

        In service,

        Henry, Baron Ayreton

      • scribesquire
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 24, 2013

          Due to unforeseen site concerns and contract requirements, we are required to make changes to the scheduled fighting to be held at Coronation on May 4th.

          There will be two ‘Flower Tournaments’ of one hour duration each….one for Heavy fighters to begin at Noon and one for the Rapier fighters to be held immediately after.  When these two tournaments have been completed there will be time allowed for pick-up fights but only as it suits the outdoor space available, the weather, and the fighters present.

          Unfortunately there is no longer an option for indoor fighting; in case of extremely inclement weather there will be no fighting at the event.   We kindly ask you to restrict the amount of gear that you bring to absolute necessities and to be aware that indoor storage space will be limited.

          We ask for your understanding and support.  Please direct any questions you may have to the Event Steward or to the designated Marshal-In-Charge.

          http://midrealm.org/greygargoyles/coronation.html