Ayreton Activities Announcement

  • Sarafina Sinclair
    Message 1 of 51 , Jan 23, 2013
      Greetings Ayretonians,

      Please find below a listing of arts and sciences both peaceful and martial. If any corrections need to be made, please contact me at sarafina.sinclair@....

      In Service,

      Sarafna

      --
      Baroness Sarafina Sinclair, OL, OP

      You should always check with the host of the activity before attending for the latest info!

      Monday

      CONSORT MUSIC

      Monday nights from 7:30 pm to 9 pm at Robyyan and Fern's House - 2506 W Morse Ave. Chicago 60645
      Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach.
      Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

      Phone Number: (773) 764-1920
      Address: 2506 W. Morse Ave - Chicago, IL 60645

      AYRETON SEWING PROJECT NIGHT

      Everyone is welcome to bring current sewing projects (or just an idea) with them to the home of Mistress Sarafina in Vernon Hills.

      Project night will run from 7:30PM - 9:30PM on the 2nd and 4th Monday nights.
      My number is 312-493-2255. Call if you have any questions and for directions.

      Next gatherings: 2/11 & 2/25

      Sewers of all abilities encouraged to attend.

      Tuesday

      SILVER THIMBLE GUILD FOR CONSPICUOUS CONSUMPTION

      Join the Guild on Tuesday nights for sewing and garb research.
      The Silver Thimble Guild meets on every other Tuesday night at Mistress Juliana's house,
      Just Northwest of downtown.
      Call before coming - 773-750-2180.

      DANCE PRACTICE

      We meet to dance most Tuesdays, at Ida Noyes Hall Click here for the schedule. Contact Dunstan with questions.

      THIEVES OF HEARTS PRACTICE

      7:00PM
      Glenbrook North High School
      2300 Shermer Rd Northbrook, IL

      Confirm with:
      Lord Tedesco da Venezia
      tedesco@...

      Wednesday

      TREE GIRT SEA SCRIBAL NIGHT

      Scribe Night is open to anyone in the Ayreton region who is interested in calligraphy and illumination.

      Who: Mistress Jocelyn of Lutterworth (mka Vickie Rayhill)
      Please contact Jocelyn at vrayhill at yahoo dot com or 224-522-1894 for schedule

      COURT AND COUNTRY

      Court and Country is a medieval & renaissance a capella vocal group focusing on historically documented music. We meet in Wheeling on Wednesdays from 6:30pm to 9:00pm. If you are interested in joining us, please contact CourtAndCountry@... for more information and to arrange a visit to one of our rehearsals.

      ARCHERY PRACTICE

      6:30PM
      7240 Madison Street, Forest Park
      (708) 366-4864

      Confirm with:
      Forester Lukas Mesmer
      Stoutmaker@...

      MID WEEK PRACTICE

      7:00PM
      Congregational Church of Jefferson Park
      5320 West Giddings Chicago IL

      Confirm with:
      Kith the Silent
      kith3609 at sbcglobal dot net

      Thursday

      ROKKHEALDEN SCRIPTORIUM

      The Scriptorium is composed of all skill levels. The Scriptorium is open to anyone who is interested
      in any aspect of the scribal arts. You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in the
      Scriptorium. You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to paint. You don't have to draw. You don't
      even have to do calligraphy. Experiment and do what you like. You don't have to buy anything. We are a
      friendly group and share our supplies. Of course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own
      supplies. From time to time we hold classes to teach various aspects of calligraphy and illumination. About
      the only request is that you be active, encouraging, positive to others and yourself.

      Click here for Rokkhealden's Website

      THE PIPPINS - Madrigal and Early Music Singing group

      The Pippins are an a capella singing group performing medieval and renaissance choral music both in the SCA and
      for modern Chicagoland audiences. We meet on the north side of Chicago (Andersonville) every Thursday, from
      7:30 PM - 9:30 PM. Please call Mistress Gianetta for more information: 312-259-6688.

      Can you carry a tune? Are you interested in singing in a group? Join us! Ability to read music a plus
      but not required.

      VANISHED WOOD SEWING GUILD

      We tend to meet twice a month, and the location rotates between various members’ houses. Please direct any questions to Acelina at djc137@.... The meetings start around 6:30PM, and a dish to pass is encouraged as we tend to eat as well as sew. All interested people are welcome.

      Sunday

      GREY GARGOYLES PRACTICE

      1:00PM
      Ida Noyes Hall - University of Chicago
      1212 E 59th St Chicago, Illinois

      Confirm with:
      Lady Susanna the Short - mickel14@...

    • Sonia
      Message 51 of 51 , Feb 3, 2013

        Thank you Sarafina. This is very helpful for me to have.

        Appreciate your efforts.

        Sonia