fwd: TO WAR!

  • Valerie
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2006
      Forwarded from midmof for those intereseted
      <snip>
      To all the students, scholars, fencers, rakes and swashbucklers, who
      for all your faults do yet love your Crown and Kingdom,

      I am Christian Fournier, who has the fortune to be known as rapier
      champion to their Majesties Felix and Madeleina, and the glory to be
      an officer in Their rapier army. As you will know, our Lt. General
      Moira MacGillavry has taken her part very serious in the past few
      years, and built upon the successes of her successors to develop a
      formidable fighting force to stand beside our Crown at the Pennsic
      War. Many of you will also know how the Order of the Chivalry, the
      Order of the Red Company, and several of the great houses of the
      Middle Kingdom came out last year to support us, by authorizing and
      equipping their members, and fighting on the rapier melees.

      This year, it will be all the more important to provide our King with
      every blade who can answer the call to war, as the enemies of the
      Midrealm have grown great in number. The support of the Knights,
      Captains and Sarjants last year was tremendous, and I implore all you
      fencers not to take them for granted, but to reach out again to these
      military men, and to help them with any loan of equipment or other
      assistance that you can provide.

      I also would hate to see their glorious generosity go unanswered.
      So, in my role as Middle Kingdom Rapier Champion, I want to STRONGLY
      encourage every rapier fighter who takes the Pennsic War seriously
      to get authorized for rattan, and come out for at least one battle
      this year. To that end, I (in my role as Kingdom Rapier Champion)
      will be sponsoring a "citizen's levee" of rapier fighters who are
      crossing over to rattan for war. I have some limited capacity to
      help people acquire armor, and I'll be sponsoring training
      opportunities specifically geared towards rapier-to-rattan
      crossovers. I'll even be paying off this militia, with
      certain "thank you" gifts. The levee may form up as a unit, at some
      point, depending on what other obligations (to region and household)
      its members have. Any rapier fighter who needs assistance getting
      their gear together is STRONGLY encouraged to contact me directly at
      cf@... .

      Please spread this word to all of the rapier fighters of the Middle
      Kingdom. Thank you,

      Christian Fournier