Re: [Ayreton] Bleachery fabric shopping--need advice!

  • Nora London
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 29, 2012
      Hi Fern,

      Vogue Fabrics is to the north of you in Evanston on Main St. and I think it is open 7 days.

      Nicholaa

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 29, 2012
        The bleachery is in aurora. It has fabric by the pound for factory odds and ends of fabric that they process.
        I think what you are looking for is LZ Products, which is the warehouse on Damen and 22nd. That has several floors of fabrics. They also do bulk pricing. Tell them Ghita sent you and you may get some nice prices.

        Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 30, 2012
          Dear All,

          Thanks for the good advice! I knew I could count on you! Now I can look up the directions/ addresses and we can fit them in to the rest of our itineraries.

          (We did some "fabric shopping" in my basement last night, too. This means I now have more room for new fabrics!)

          On a similar topic, can you recommend any favorite thrift stores? Clothes, 50's kitchenware and dishes, vintage jewelry?

          Many thanks! My sisters are having a great time here! Probably I'll bring one of them to the Baronial meeting tonight.

          yours,

          Fern