Re: [Ayreton] 12th Night Laurel Prize Tourney - update!

  • Jen Small
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 21, 2012
      We'll do a day-of signup, although I'm glad to know ahead of time what you plan to do.  We'll do the Craftspersons' performance at 2:30, as the Faire and Laurel Prize Tourney wrap up at 3.

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 28, 2012
        Dear Ayreton people,

        How do I find that fabric place called the Bleachery? How do I spell the name?

        I have visitors this week who want to go fabric shopping, and I think that the Bleachery is the biggest fabric store in Chicago, right? But I don't know its address or phone number.

        Can anyone help me?

        Many thanks!

        Fern
      • James McAdams
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 28, 2012
          On 12/28/2012 10:11 PM, Fern wrote:
          Dear Ayreton people,

          How do I find that fabric place called the Bleachery? How do I spell the name?

          I have visitors this week who want to go fabric shopping, and I think that the Bleachery is the biggest fabric store in Chicago, right? But I don't know its address or phone number.

          Can anyone help me?

          Many thanks!

          Fern

          Greetings,
              You may have the wrong name.  The Bleachery (now known as Aurora Specialty Textiles - unless it's changed again) is out in Aurora, and has a large selection of industrial remnants that they sell VERY inexpensively.  The selection is limited and you never know what the may or may not have available.  The hours are likewise limited (I think 9-2 M-F last I checked).
              If indeed it that is what you are looking for - their website is: http://www.auroratextile.com/contactus.htm

          Xavier

        • KCMalone3@aol.com

          Message 5 of 13 , Dec 29, 2012
            Hello Fern,

            The Bleachery is a little seconds shop in Aurora (Aurora Bleachery). It may or may not still be in business -- but it has very little left to sell. The store that is the BIG fabric store in this city is called the Fabric Discount Outlet. It's in Pilsen. They are not open on Saturdays but they are on Sundays. The finest fabric store in Chicago is Fishman's Fabrics (Taylor Street).  It is open Saturday but not Sunday.

            Enjoy,

            Juliana

          • reaneypj@yahoo.com

              Message 7 of 13 , Dec 29, 2012
                Hi Fern,

                Vogue Fabrics is to the north of you in Evanston on Main St. and I think it is open 7 days.

                Nicholaa

              • suzanearley@comcast.net
                Message 8 of 13 , Dec 29, 2012
                  The bleachery is in aurora. It has fabric by the pound for factory odds and ends of fabric that they process.
                  I think what you are looking for is LZ Products, which is the warehouse on Damen and 22nd. That has several floors of fabrics. They also do bulk pricing. Tell them Ghita sent you and you may get some nice prices.

                  Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App

                  Message 9 of 13 , Dec 30, 2012
                    Dear All,

                    Thanks for the good advice! I knew I could count on you! Now I can look up the directions/ addresses and we can fit them in to the rest of our itineraries.

                    (We did some "fabric shopping" in my basement last night, too. This means I now have more room for new fabrics!)

                    On a similar topic, can you recommend any favorite thrift stores? Clothes, 50's kitchenware and dishes, vintage jewelry?

                    Many thanks! My sisters are having a great time here! Probably I'll bring one of them to the Baronial meeting tonight.

                    yours,

                    Fern