Re: [Ayreton] Second Sunday Spinning

  • Verena Entenwirt
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 20, 2012
      I am in, and though I vote the Northside for distance, if we do it at Grey Gargoyles we might peak other's interest.

      -V (who has so much Angora fur to spin now it is unbelievable)

      On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 8:30 PM, Ace <barbaragmeyer@...> wrote:

      I spin wool on a spinning wheel and I am looking for MORE spinners in the Ayreton area. I am hoping to have a Spinning session at my home every Second Sunday, starting the Sunday after 12th Night (1/13.) I am on the Northside of Chicago in Old Irving Park right by the blue line. Or would having a crew meet at Ida Noyes during Fighter practice be better? Talk to me. And if possible, bring your wheel, your handspindle, your curiosity to try this craft out with you and join me!

      Vittoria Governante

      --
      Baroness Verena Entenwirth
      Seneschal, Barony of Ayreton

      www.broomstich.com
    • Barbara G Meyer
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 21, 2012
        Thanks Your Excellency! I was talking to someone else yesterday and she said the same thing. Well, why not? Unless I get a LOT of feedback to the contrary, after New Years I will post it again: that we are meeting at Grey Gargoyles during fighter practice and all fighter widows and widowers are invited!  What time will fighter practice begin? Do I need to clear it with fighter organizers or anyone else?

        Bring your angora!
        Vittoria

      • susan mickelson
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 26, 2012
          As the marshal of the Sunday fighter practice, please consider it cleared and you all are more than welcome.  Fighter practice begins at 2 pm.  Shall we set up tables or chairs for you in a corner?

          My only concern is that our room assignment at the school is inconsistent and we might not have a room at all on days when you are planning on coming.  I post our room assignment on this Ayreton list and also on a Facebook Group for Grey Gargoyles Sunday Practice (feel free to ask for an invite to join so that you can see announcements there), so just make sure you check that we have a room before driving out there.

          Our first practice for the new year is the day after Twelfth Night, January 13th.  Hopefully we will see you there.

          in service,
          -Susanna the Short

          Thanks Your Excellency! I was talking to someone else yesterday and she said the same thing. Well, why not? Unless I get a LOT of feedback to the contrary, after New Years I will post it again: that we are meeting at Grey Gargoyles during fighter practice and all fighter widows and widowers are invited!  What time will fighter practice begin? Do I need to clear it with fighter organizers or anyone else?

          Bring your angora!
          Vittoria

        • Ace
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 27, 2012
            Thank you, My lady!! As long as the it is listed on the Ayreton list I will see it.(I don't do Facebook much but I will try to get on that list, can you send me an invite?) And I will make sure if I don't know where to go, that I will contact you, if that is OK. for set up, A corner is all I need. A table would be LOVELY, chairs for sure please! Lets see if we can get some stuff going now!
            Vittoria Governante