Times are Tough

  • Ashton G.A Schoeffler-Miller
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2012
      Greetings,

      With the inspiration of some of my Calontiri kin, I bring a new Challenge to this Years event, Twelfth Night in the Black Forest (January 12th in Tree-girt-sea).

      'Times are Tough'
      On Loan from the Mind of Lady Sybella of Lonely Tower, Calontir.

      A competition encouraging you to collect your old or worn out items, scraps and tidbits, and re-purpose them into something new. (Must be something other than the original item, i.e. hemming or taking in a garment would not count.) Since the plague swept across the land, in these hard times of pestilence, supplies are scarce!

      Please forward and share this freely with all.

      12th Night in T-G-S 2013, Event Steward
      Baronial Pursuivant Ayreton
    • Anthony Satoh
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 19, 2012
        Right up my ally I think.
        Does this mean taking an SCA item and re-purposing it or taking a mundane item and making it into a new SCA item?

        If I took Salvation Army coats and blankets and made an outfit is that the sort of thing you are looking for?

        -Ercc

        To: ayreton@yahoogroups.com; foxvale@yahoogroups.com; vanished_wood@yahoogroups.com; greygargoyles@yahoogroups.com; sca-tree-girt-sea@yahoogroups.com; rokkehealden@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 19, 2012
          So long as the resultant item is one of SCA value and it is not to be used for it's original purpose, yes.
          Also, the materials must be from your own stock, you can not have purchased new materials to make the piece.

          For example, you take an old piece of Garb and use the materials to make a head piece.

          Or you use a ladies old purse and make gloves from the leather.

          To: ayreton@yahoogroups.com; foxvale@yahoogroups.com; vanished_wood@yahoogroups.com; greygargoyles@yahoogroups.com; sca-tree-girt-sea@yahoogroups.com; rokkehealden@yahoogroups.com