Re: St. Crispin's "Eve" archery practice

  • Marie Cowan
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 21, 2012
      Have been to this range a couple times on Saturdays since it opened and it is a nice spot.

      It is free of charge. Crossbows also are allowed. No Broadheads. Range opens an hour after sunrise on most days and closes at sunset. On Wednesdays it opens at 10AM, after range maintenance. During the last visit, we discovered the range is open year round.

      http://www.dupageforest.com/Recreation/ActivitiesAndFacilities/Archery.html

      Have met other archers at the range, some compound hunters and several traditional shooters. Good vibe and camaraderie from others there.

      Lady Emma von Reuschell
      Ayreton Archers

      (Marie Cowan)
    • James McAdams
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 13, 2013
        Greetings,

        St. Crispin's day is coming up soon, which is as good an excuse as
        any to have a gathering at the archery range.

        On Sunday, Oct 20th, my lady and I invite all who are interested to
        join use at Blackwell Forest Preserve in Warrenville.

        http://www.dupageforest.com/Conservation/ForestPreserves/Blackwell.html

        We'll show up around 10 to claim the nearby picnic shelter &
        grill. I'll bring charcoal and a spare bow or two.

        The range has dozens of targets ranging out to 90 years, and
        permits crossbows. There's plenty of open space around the shelter for
        other games/activities.

        Xavier
      • Lesli H
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 14, 2013