Re: St. Crispin's "Eve" archery practice

  • ian_maceyer
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 20, 2012
      I was at this range today shooting. It is very nice. There are actually 3 ranges but only one privvy. When you enter the forest preserve from Butterfield road look for the road to the archery range on the left. Beware of speed mountains. A word to the wise, avoid Butterfield road as much as possible. Road work begins before Naper Blvd and continues to the Pacific coast.

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, James McAdams <jmcadams@...> wrote:

      > Greetings one and all,
      >
      > St. Crispen's day is coming up soon, and I would like suggest in
      > honor of it, we have an outdoor practice on Sunday the 21st at Blackwell
      > Forest Preserve in Warrenville.
      > http://www.dupageforest.com/Conservation/ForestPreserves/Blackwell.html
      >
      > They FP district has put together a nice range.
      > Dozens of targets - from 10 to 90 yards
      > Crossbows permitted
      > A picnic shelter a about 50 yards away, with tables and grills
      >
      > If there's any interest, I'll be out there by 10 or so to grab the
      > shelter. We can shoot until sunset. There's a fair amount of space
      > around for other activities as well.
      >
      > Xavier

    • Marie Cowan
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 21, 2012
        Have been to this range a couple times on Saturdays since it opened and it is a nice spot.

        It is free of charge. Crossbows also are allowed. No Broadheads. Range opens an hour after sunrise on most days and closes at sunset. On Wednesdays it opens at 10AM, after range maintenance. During the last visit, we discovered the range is open year round.

        http://www.dupageforest.com/Recreation/ActivitiesAndFacilities/Archery.html

        Have met other archers at the range, some compound hunters and several traditional shooters. Good vibe and camaraderie from others there.

        Lady Emma von Reuschell
        Ayreton Archers

        (Marie Cowan)
      • James McAdams
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 13, 2013
          Greetings,

          St. Crispin's day is coming up soon, which is as good an excuse as
          any to have a gathering at the archery range.

          On Sunday, Oct 20th, my lady and I invite all who are interested to
          join use at Blackwell Forest Preserve in Warrenville.

          http://www.dupageforest.com/Conservation/ForestPreserves/Blackwell.html

          We'll show up around 10 to claim the nearby picnic shelter &
          grill. I'll bring charcoal and a spare bow or two.

          The range has dozens of targets ranging out to 90 years, and
          permits crossbows. There's plenty of open space around the shelter for
          other games/activities.

          Xavier
        • Lesli H
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 14, 2013