RE: [Ayreton] Theft at Gulf Wars - Long and sad post

  • JKlauss@homefirst.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 22, 2007
      Well yes, with the good comes the bad.  And yes the bad should be persecuted to th
      highest level in my opinion.  Deep down these guys must be truly sad and these
      items probably do have a special sentimental value.  My boyfriend just bought his
      first few items to heavy armor.  If someone stole that stuff you bet your sweet
      bippy that I would hunt them down like the dogs they are.
        Point is all we can do is hope that this story  has a sliver lining to it.  Example
      and I know these are few and far between. (Not my story just what I can
      remember)  If I remember correctly some ones car was stolen right after an event
      Kingdom event none the less.  The royal regalia was in the trunk also stolen.  The
      thieves had no clue what it was and put it in the garage.  The house was sold and
      boxes of regalia left in it.  Thankfully the people that bought the house knew
      people in the SCA and offered it to them.  They in turn returned it to the rightful
      owners of the proper kingdom.  So all we can do is pass this along to other
      groups and hope that the people that took these good gentles things return them.
      I also agree with you and the American thing.  Hello how have we won the wars
      that we have been victorious in.  By being nice?  No by kicking ass and as my
      boyfriend says 'Take initials names take too much time.'  My favorite country
      singer put it the best:  'Will put a boot in your ass, It's the american way.'
      From: " Sheehan, Justin " <JSHEEHA3@depaul. edu>
      Sent by: Ayreton@yahoogroups .com
      Date: 03/22/2007 11:31AM

      Ayreton@yahoogroups .com [mailto:Ayreton@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of drew n
      Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:20 PM
      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups .com
      Subject: < /B>Re: [Ayreton] Theft at Gulf Wars - Long and sad post

      but not American.

      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 22, 2007
        Dont need the beatings, but persicution is definately needed!!

        From: " Sheehan, Justin " <JSHEEHA3@depaul. edu>
        Sent by: Ayreton@yahoogroups .com
        Date: 03/22/2007 11:31AM

        Ayreton@yahoogroups .com [mailto:Ayreton@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of drew n
        Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:20 PM
        To: Ayreton@yahoogroups .com

        but not American.

        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 22, 2007
          I don't care if someone stole your car.  Beating them up isn't legal, isn't right, and isn't justice.  It's vengeance, which an unhealthy portion of the american public seems to be obsessed with.

          Find the items.  Arrest the perpetrators.  Put them in jail.

          You didn't say that.  You said "Vicious beating of thieves is period."

          Advocating vigilantism is as morally wrong as the original thefts.  Technically, it's incitement to violence.  And it's against the law.

[...]

          Cheers,

          Justin

          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 22, 2007
            I'd love to think that someone just grabbed the wrong armor.  However, the fact that one of the bags was turned in, empty of the helm and gauntlets that had been in it, sadly makes me think otherwise.  I do hope the thieves get caught, cuz it's people like this that ruin the game for many of the rest.

            Acelina (who is totally sidestepping the beating issue)

            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 22, 2007
              Take the rant elsewhere please.

              DvA

              > I don't care if someone stole your car. Beating them up isn't legal,
              > isn't right, and isn't justice. It's vengeance, which an unhealthy
              > portion of the american public seems to be obsessed with.
              >
              > Find the items. Arrest the perpetrators. Put them in jail.
              >
              > You didn't say that. You said "Vicious beating of thieves is period."
              >
              > Advocating vigilantism is as morally wrong as the original thefts.
              > Technically, it's incitement to violence. And it's against the law.

              Steven Krause Dietrich von Andernach
            • JKlauss@homefirst.com
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 22, 2007
                Yes that is what i ment, but fingers are typing too quickly.  What can I say I leave in 15 minutes and it's my birthday so I am a little excited to get out of work.  Not to mention it's so sunroof time to cruz home.

                From: " Sheehan, Justin " <JSHEEHA3@depaul. edu>
                Sent by: Ayreton@yahoogroups .com
                Date: 03/22/2007 11:31AM

                Ayreton@yahoogroups .com [mailto:Ayreton@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of drew n
                To: Ayreton@yahoogroups .com

                but not American.

                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 22, 2007

                    From: " Sheehan, Justin " <JSHEEHA3@depaul. edu>
                    Sent by: Ayreton@yahoogroups .com
                    Date: 03/22/2007 11:31AM

                    Ayreton@yahoogroups .com [mailto:Ayreton@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of drew n
                    Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:20 PM
                    To: Ayreton@yahoogroups .com

                    but not American.

                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 22, 2007
                      No.  It's not a rant.  Behavior in the SCA is a valid, reasonable, rightful topic for discussion.

                      --
                      Steven Krause Dietrich von Andernach

                      It's here! Your new message!
                    • David Roland
                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 22, 2007
                        Hey folks,

                        Its a bad thing tha happened. We can all agree on that but we
                        certainly don't need to be discussing the ins and outs of legalities,
                        right and wrong.

                        If you can help please do. If you can't be sorry for the folks that
                        had their stuff stolen.

                        Ian the Green.

                        Ayreton Towne Cryer.
                      • drew n
                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 22, 2007
                          No, I am not being sarcastic.  Is rule of law something to be sarcastic about?

                          I'm not trying to start a big argument.  I'm not.  I just don't think it's right for us to respond to one criminal act with another.

                          drew n <drewnmt@yahoo. com> wrote:

                          I don't care if someone stole your car.  Beating them up isn't legal, isn't right, and isn't justice.  It's vengeance, which an unhealthy portion of the american public seems to be obsessed with.

                          Find the items.  Arrest the perpetrators.  Put them in jail.

                          You didn't say that.  You said "Vicious beating of thieves is period."

                          Advocating vigilantism is as morally wrong as the original thefts.  Technically, it's incitement to violence.  And it's against the law.

                          Get your own web address.
                        • Wolfram von Waldersbach
                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 22, 2007
                            Ian,

                            I sent this to the SCA-Archery Group that I am in, since that is the only
                            multi-kingdom SCA Yahoo Group in which I am a member. I hope these items are
                            found and returned.

                            Also, Ian, if I am unable to chat with you at the Ayreton event, please
                            email me off of the list. It is unrelated to this sad affair.

                            In Service,

                            -Wolfram von Waldersbach
                            Archery MiT- from the Shire of the Grey Gargoyles

                            "Sursum ad Summum"

                          • Kyla
                            Message 13 of 20 , Mar 23, 2007
                              Happy Happy Birthday, Keiley!