Viking Themed Foxhunt this weekend in Foxvale (Big Rock, IL)
- Do you like to Raid, Pillage, and Burn? How about shooting moving targets, solving epic Norse quests? What about nalbinding, weaving, cooking over an open flame, or embroidery?
Then you REALLY need to come to only event happening in the Midlands this weekend- Foxvale's Down the Gren (The Fox goes a Viking!)
You can check out the website here: http://www.foxvale.org/foxhunt
- Fighting Activities include: Sheep Raiding, Irish Wife Grabbing, and a Beserker Challenge
- Non-Martial Activites Include: Norse Longboat Confection Competition, Riddlequest Letterboxing Quest, Scribal activities and Classes.
- Children's Activities Include: Annual Children's Fox Hunt, Rid the town of Rats, and Burn the Irish Village ( told you there would be burning)
- Archery Activities Include: The Infamous Moving Fox Shoot and the Longboat Wheel of Death
- The Class schedule is fantastic and includes: Naalbinding, Viking Seam Treatment, Cooking with Fire, Inkle Loom Weaving, Chemise Workshop, Beading, The Care and Feeding of the Volunteer, The Vikings as Explorers
Of course any Viking themed event would not be complete without some food & drink. The Foxhunt feasts are near legendary and this years menu includes: Wood Fire Baked Barley Flat Bread, Skyr, Salted Salmon with Beet Sauce and Horseradish, Pork Loin in Milk with Leeks, Herbed Beef in Broth with Turnips, Oatcakes soaked in Mead with Raspberries and Cream, mead & other donations by the Ayreton Brewers Guild, and much more!
Saturday is set to be a cool 66 degrees, perfect for fighting, feasting, and all your viking gear!
Baroness Verena Entenwirth
Seneschal, Barony of Ayreton
Dean of the College of History and SCA Administration, RUM
Deputy Chatelaine of Special Projects; Gold Key
Give me your unclothed, your unfed, your sober masses