Fwd: [Bronze_Ring] Fwd: New Bearer of Thorbjorn's Favor Chosen at MKAOD

  • AlexdeSet@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2012
      From: Meg Frazier <mmfrazier@...>
      To: Bronze_Ring <Bronze_Ring@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tue, Sep 4, 2012 8:30 pm
      Subject: [Bronze_Ring] Fwd: New Bearer of Thorbjorn's Favor Chosen at MKAOD

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: John Inchingham <inchingham@...>
      Date: Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 7:58 PM
      Subject: New Bearer of Thorbjorn's Favor Chosen at MKAOD
      To: mandritta <mandritta@...>, Meg Frazier <frazier@...>, "AlexdeSet@..." <alexdeset@...>, Torquil MacGillavrey <torquilmac@...>, Catalin Zoldzem <catcheen@...>, "cerian@..." <cerian@...>, "knight@..." <knight@...>, inchingham <inchingham@...>

      Maire and Friends,

      Please post this in all the usual places.  Thanks.

      Inchingham

      NEW BEARER OF THORBJORN’S FAVOR CHOSEN
      AT THE MIDDLE KINGDOM ACADEMY OF DEFENSE

      On Labor Day Weekend of this year (2012), at the Middle Kingdom Academy of Defense, Warder Cecil DuPont was elected to be the new bearer of Thorbjorn’s Favor.

      Thorbjorn’s Favor is a traveling honor, created in remembrance of Master Thorbjorn the Greysides, awarded once a year to an attendee of the Middle Kingdom Academy of Defense in the Shire of Ravenslake on Labor Day Weekend.  Citizens of the Middle Kingdom and of the kingdoms of Northshield, Ealdormere and Calontir are eligible.  Those gentles who have already borne the favor (see list below) are not eligible to bear it again.  The bearer is chosen each year by a vote of those fencers in attendance.  Tie votes are decided by the previous bearer.  The new bearer is asked to wear the favor for one year, to bring it back to the next MKAOD, and to have his or her name embroidered on the favor before passing it on to the next bearer.

      BEARER’S OF THORBJORN’S FAVOR:

      1) Master John Inchingham
      2) Master Fritz Bare
      3) Sir Guillaume LaFort
      4) Baron Adam Comyn
      5) Master Alexander de Seton
      6) Master Christian de Fournier
      7) Don Mateo Montero de Madrid
      8) Warder Gallien le Cavalier de L’lle
      9) Master Philippe de Leon
      10)  Mistress Moira MacGillavrey
      11)  Warder Anton du Marais
      12)  Baron Terrance of Tynedale
      13)  Warder Kai Tseng
      14)  Warder Adam MacAoidh
      15)  The Honorable Lord Liam Martini
      16)  Warder Cecil DuPont

    • Jen D
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2012

      Hello,

      I have a trailer for sale.  Moving to Las Vegas and can't afford to take all of my SCA items with me.  I pulled this behind my honda accord.  Takes the smaller 1 1/4" hitch.  Includes a spare tire.  Size is 4 x 6  and is so light I could move around on my own so never had a "backing issue" as I would just disconnect and move by "hand".   Asking price is $500.

      Trailer is located in DeKalb Illinois.

      Please call me at 217-440-7444 if you are interested.

      Would appreciate you passing this along to anyone who may be interested in purchasing.

      Thanks

      Jennifer Dietrich
      Elsmere of Carraig Ban (Sjeph of Shadewes Company)