  • Sofya Chyudskaya Smolyanina
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2012
      Dear All,

      Please excuse the cross-posting and share the following message with any who might be interested. --Sofya

      Unto our most kind and gentle folk, I send greetings and good wishes!

      I am writing to request your assistance in helping to make the 40th Anniversary of the Festival of Maidens into one of the best events in history! To that end, we are hoping to have a wonderfully full and complete schedule of classes to add to our already amazing fighting!

      We hope to have at least 25 classes at Maidens this year to complement the A&S Mock Competition and an A&S Display for the Populace. To that end, we need instructors/lecturers/round table participants. If you are interested in being involved in the A&S portion of Maidens this year, please contact me privately at roana.aldinoch on gmail with all of the usual pertinent information (class title, description, and specific class/time needs).

      It would be particularly cool to have some classes that may have been taught 40 years ago, or to have a round table discussion on how the Middle Kingdom has changed over the years.

      For those with Bardic aspirations, there will also be a "Remember when..." competition during the event. We'll be celebrating the Festival of Maidens and the Middle Kingdom from years gone by through tales of the old days. Start jotting down your favorite stories now for a chance to win a cookie!

      YIS,
      Lady Roana Aldinoch