Re: [Ayreton] Event Sites

  • Seamus MacBain
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2012
      On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Ashton G.A Schoeffler-Miller
      <gmiller77@...> wrote:
      > Hello, I know many of you are at Pennsic, but I hope that someone still in
      > town might be able too help me.
      >
      > I am trying to dig up some information on a site that was used before my
      > time in Chicago. This was about 6 years ago maybe, if not more, it was a
      > 12th night where there was an all day feast. Can anyone provide information
      > on the name of that site? It was a school in the city, in a somewhat
      > residential area and while it was not a favorite site it does strike me that
      > the site was equipped with a usable kitchen and plenty of space.
      >
      > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Thank you,
      >
      > Herr Alexander Adelbrecht von Markelingen
      > 12th Night in T-G-S 2013, Event Steward
      > Baronial Pursuivant Ayreton
      > Protègè to Master Etienne le Couteau des Roches, OP
      -------------------------------------
      ~6+ years ago would have been a school on the north side off Touhy
      Ave (I remember it being an annoyingly long drive).

      http://www.midrealm.org/middlebridge/archives/2006/200612/0133.html
      George B. Armstrong School
      2110 W. Greenleaf Ave
      Chicago, IL 60645

      --
      Sgt. Seamus MacBain
    • Ashton G.A Schoeffler-Miller
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2012
        Many thanks Sergeant, I am sorry for the memory of the drive.

        We had recently found its name through a little research.  It is actually very close to my home.

        The information I have learned has been very useful.

        <gmiller77@...> wrote:
        > Hello, I know many of you are at Pennsic, but I hope that someone still in
        > town might be able too help me.
        >
        > I am trying to dig up some information on a site that was used before my
        > time in Chicago. This was about 6 years ago maybe, if not more, it was a
        > 12th night where there was an all day feast. Can anyone provide information
        > on the name of that site? It was a school in the city, in a somewhat
        > residential area and while it was not a favorite site it does strike me that
        > the site was equipped with a usable kitchen and plenty of space.
        >
        > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Thank you,
        >
        > Herr Alexander Adelbrecht von Markelingen
        > 12th Night in T-G-S 2013, Event Steward
        > Baronial Pursuivant Ayreton
        > Protègè to Master Etienne le Couteau des Roches, OP
        -------------------------------------
        ~6+ years ago would have been a school on the north side off Touhy
        Ave (I remember it being an annoyingly long drive).

        http://www.midrealm.org/middlebridge/archives/2006/200612/0133.html
        George B. Armstrong School
        2110 W. Greenleaf Ave
        Chicago, IL 60645

        --
        Sgt. Seamus MacBain

      • Dolores Becker
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2012
          St. Scholastica?

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2012
            Thank you all, the answer has been found.  Your service much appreciated.

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2012
              The original liaison to the site is no longer active in the SCA, but if you have any specific questions, she still works there and I can forward them on.

              --Hilla
              Sent from my BlackBerry, because blackberries are magical fruit!

              From: "Ashton G.A Schoeffler-Miller" <gmiller77@...>
              Sender: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 21:16:50 -0700 (PDT)
              To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com<Ayreton@yahoogroups.com>; Tree Sea<sca-tree-girt-sea@yahoogroups.com>