Event Sites

  • Ashton G.A Schoeffler-Miller
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2012
      Hello, I know many of you are at Pennsic, but I hope that someone still in town might be able too help me.

      I am trying to dig up some information on a site that was used before my time in Chicago.  This was about 6 years ago maybe, if not more, it was a 12th night where there was an all day feast.  Can anyone provide information on the name of that site?  It was a school in the city, in a somewhat residential area and while it was not a favorite site it does strike me that the site was equipped with a usable kitchen and plenty of space.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Thank you,

      12th Night in T-G-S 2013, Event Steward
      Baronial Pursuivant Ayreton
    • Seamus MacBain
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2012
        On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Ashton G.A Schoeffler-Miller
        <gmiller77@...> wrote:
        > Hello, I know many of you are at Pennsic, but I hope that someone still in
        > town might be able too help me.
        >
        > I am trying to dig up some information on a site that was used before my
        > time in Chicago. This was about 6 years ago maybe, if not more, it was a
        > 12th night where there was an all day feast. Can anyone provide information
        > on the name of that site? It was a school in the city, in a somewhat
        > residential area and while it was not a favorite site it does strike me that
        > the site was equipped with a usable kitchen and plenty of space.
        >
        > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Thank you,
        >
        > Herr Alexander Adelbrecht von Markelingen
        > 12th Night in T-G-S 2013, Event Steward
        > Baronial Pursuivant Ayreton
        > Protègè to Master Etienne le Couteau des Roches, OP
        -------------------------------------
        ~6+ years ago would have been a school on the north side off Touhy
        Ave (I remember it being an annoyingly long drive).

        http://www.midrealm.org/middlebridge/archives/2006/200612/0133.html
        George B. Armstrong School
        2110 W. Greenleaf Ave
        Chicago, IL 60645

        --
        Sgt. Seamus MacBain
      • Ashton G.A Schoeffler-Miller
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2012
          Many thanks Sergeant, I am sorry for the memory of the drive.

          We had recently found its name through a little research.  It is actually very close to my home.

          The information I have learned has been very useful.

          <gmiller77@...> wrote:
          > Hello, I know many of you are at Pennsic, but I hope that someone still in
          > town might be able too help me.
          >
          > I am trying to dig up some information on a site that was used before my
          > time in Chicago. This was about 6 years ago maybe, if not more, it was a
          > 12th night where there was an all day feast. Can anyone provide information
          > on the name of that site? It was a school in the city, in a somewhat
          > residential area and while it was not a favorite site it does strike me that
          > the site was equipped with a usable kitchen and plenty of space.
          >
          > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
          >
          > Thank you,
          >
          > Herr Alexander Adelbrecht von Markelingen
          > 12th Night in T-G-S 2013, Event Steward
          > Baronial Pursuivant Ayreton
          > Protègè to Master Etienne le Couteau des Roches, OP
          -------------------------------------
          ~6+ years ago would have been a school on the north side off Touhy
          Ave (I remember it being an annoyingly long drive).

          http://www.midrealm.org/middlebridge/archives/2006/200612/0133.html
          George B. Armstrong School
          2110 W. Greenleaf Ave
          Chicago, IL 60645

          --
          Sgt. Seamus MacBain

        • Dolores Becker
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2012
            St. Scholastica?

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2012
              Thank you all, the answer has been found.  Your service much appreciated.

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 3, 2012
                The original liaison to the site is no longer active in the SCA, but if you have any specific questions, she still works there and I can forward them on.

                --Hilla
                Sent from my BlackBerry, because blackberries are magical fruit!

                From: "Ashton G.A Schoeffler-Miller" <gmiller77@...>
                Sender: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 21:16:50 -0700 (PDT)
                To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com<Ayreton@yahoogroups.com>; Tree Sea<sca-tree-girt-sea@yahoogroups.com>