RE: [Ayreton] Last Sunday practice before Pennsic

  • Jen/Hendrik
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 26, 2012

      I too am interested in  a unofficial bow for adult/youth practice.

      Subject: RE: [Ayreton] Last Sunday practice before Pennsic

      I have been a quiet observer on this list.  I do have a bow and would like to learn how to shoot.  I have an interest in knife and axe throwing. Is there anyone out there that can help me out.

      Sonia

    • mickel14@msu.edu
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 27, 2012
        Sonia,

        As far as I know, there aren't any local throwing weapons practices.
        That's something that is almost always done at events. But once we
        get you hooked up with the archery people we can get you to an event
        and you can try it there.

        in service
        -Susanna the Short

        Quoting Sonia <vivandiere1864@...>:

        > Thank you,
        >
        > Sonia

      • Sonia
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 27, 2012

          Do they ever do archery at the Glenbrook practice on Tuesday nights?  Wednesdays may not be open for me?

        • Verena Entenwirt
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 27, 2012
            Sonia, what part of Ayreton are you in?

            -Verena

            --
            Baroness Verena Entenwirth
            www.broomstich.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 27, 2012

              I live in the NW suburbs of Chicago.  Not sure what it is called. I am not really that active in it?

              --
              Baroness Verena Entenwirth
              www.broomstich.com

            • ehepler
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 27, 2012
                There are generally school sports practices going on outdoors concurrent with Tuesday evening practice, so archery isn't feasible during the week.

                Sometimes, he will make the school grounds available on Sundays for archery practice. I believe it is generally posted here when archery is planned.

                Regards,
                Philippa

                --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Sonia" <vivandiere1864@...> wrote:

                > Do they ever do archery at the Glenbrook practice on Tuesday nights?
                > Wednesdays may not be open for me?
                >

                > Sonia

              • Jen/Hendrik
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 27, 2012

                  Hey Sonia,

                  I’m over in Maple Park and part of Foxvale.

                  I’m new to the scene myself and plan to learn from the group.

                  But also.. live on a farm and would love to have a practice out THIS WAY.

                  I’m hoping to check in with my group to see if that’s allowed.

                  I love archery and have a 13yr old son that’s into it.

                  Welcome.. so glad you came out of hiding!

                  Amalthea

                  --
                  Baroness Verena Entenwirth
                  www.broomstich.com

                • Dolores Becker
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 30, 2012
                    I live in Batavia (Foxvale) and have been hoping for a return to archery practice somehwere in our neck of the woods.  I would have no problem driving to Maple Park to practice.

                    Berngard Solgai, called Moose

                    ymailto="mailto:vivandiere1864%40sbcglobal.net" target="_blank" href="mailto:vivandiere1864%40sbcglobal.net">vivandiere1864@...

                    --
                    Baroness Verena Entenwirth
                    www.broomstich.com

                  • Blair Peterson
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 2, 2012
                      Amalthea,
                      I would encourage you to contact the Foxvale archery marshal, Xavier, as he will probably be able to best tell you of any practices the group is currently holding, as well as help you with questions and concerns you may have about a practice on your farm.  Note, you will probably want to speak with Hilary, the seneschal of the group as well, should you want to make it an "official" group practice.

                      Xavier
                       Jim McAdams
                      (630) 896-5571
                      jmcadams@...