RE: [Ayreton] Last Sunday practice before Pennsic

  • Jen/Hendrik
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 26, 2012

      I too am interested in  a unofficial bow for adult/youth practice.

      Subject: RE: [Ayreton] Last Sunday practice before Pennsic

      I have been a quiet observer on this list.  I do have a bow and would like to learn how to shoot.  I have an interest in knife and axe throwing. Is there anyone out there that can help me out.

      Sonia

    • Sonia
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 27, 2012

        Thank you,

        Sonia

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 27, 2012
          Sonia,

          As far as I know, there aren't any local throwing weapons practices.
          That's something that is almost always done at events. But once we
          get you hooked up with the archery people we can get you to an event
          and you can try it there.

          in service
          -Susanna the Short

          Quoting Sonia <vivandiere1864@...>:

          > Thank you,
          >
          > Sonia

        • Sonia
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 27, 2012

            Do they ever do archery at the Glenbrook practice on Tuesday nights?  Wednesdays may not be open for me?

          • Verena Entenwirt
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 27, 2012
              Sonia, what part of Ayreton are you in?

              -Verena

              --
              Baroness Verena Entenwirth
              www.broomstich.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 27, 2012

                I live in the NW suburbs of Chicago.  Not sure what it is called. I am not really that active in it?

                --
                Baroness Verena Entenwirth
                www.broomstich.com

              • ehepler
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 27, 2012
                  There are generally school sports practices going on outdoors concurrent with Tuesday evening practice, so archery isn't feasible during the week.

                  Sometimes, he will make the school grounds available on Sundays for archery practice. I believe it is generally posted here when archery is planned.

                  Regards,
                  Philippa

                  --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Sonia" <vivandiere1864@...> wrote:

                  > Do they ever do archery at the Glenbrook practice on Tuesday nights?
                  > Wednesdays may not be open for me?
                  >

                  > Sonia

                • Jen/Hendrik
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 27, 2012

                    Hey Sonia,

                    I’m over in Maple Park and part of Foxvale.

                    I’m new to the scene myself and plan to learn from the group.

                    But also.. live on a farm and would love to have a practice out THIS WAY.

                    I’m hoping to check in with my group to see if that’s allowed.

                    I love archery and have a 13yr old son that’s into it.

                    Welcome.. so glad you came out of hiding!

                    Amalthea

                    --
                    Baroness Verena Entenwirth
                    www.broomstich.com

                  • Dolores Becker
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 30, 2012
                      I live in Batavia (Foxvale) and have been hoping for a return to archery practice somehwere in our neck of the woods.  I would have no problem driving to Maple Park to practice.

                      Berngard Solgai, called Moose

                      ymailto="mailto:vivandiere1864%40sbcglobal.net" target="_blank" href="mailto:vivandiere1864%40sbcglobal.net">vivandiere1864@...

                      --
                      Baroness Verena Entenwirth
                      www.broomstich.com

                    • Blair Peterson
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 2 8:01 PM
                        Amalthea,
                        I would encourage you to contact the Foxvale archery marshal, Xavier, as he will probably be able to best tell you of any practices the group is currently holding, as well as help you with questions and concerns you may have about a practice on your farm.  Note, you will probably want to speak with Hilary, the seneschal of the group as well, should you want to make it an "official" group practice.

                        Xavier
                         Jim McAdams
                        (630) 896-5571
                        jmcadams@...