Last Sunday practice before Pennsic

  • mickel14@msu.edu
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 26, 2012
      Unto all I give greetings.

      Practice is ON for this Sunday, the 29th.  It will be an easy practice and we will have the repair kit ready, so come out and make sure your armor is ready to go to War.

      We will NOT have practice on August 5th or 12th.  Let me know if anyone wants to do an unofficial (no marshal) practice and I can try to get people together.

      in service
      -Susanna the Short
    • Sonia
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 26, 2012

        I have been a quiet observer on this list.  I do have a bow and would like to learn how to shoot.  I have an interest in knife and axe throwing. Is there anyone out there that can help me out.

        Sonia

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 26, 2012

          I too am interested in  a unofficial bow for adult/youth practice.

          Subject: RE: [Ayreton] Last Sunday practice before Pennsic

          I have been a quiet observer on this list.  I do have a bow and would like to learn how to shoot.  I have an interest in knife and axe throwing. Is there anyone out there that can help me out.

          Sonia

        • Ashton G.A Schoeffler-Miller
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 26, 2012
            Greetings good Lady,

            I can not point you toward any thrown weapons information unfortunately as I am not aware of any specifically, I am sure someone will pop their head up and say something on that front.

            However, the Barony has a vibrant Archer Community.  Their are Baronial Archery Practices most Wednesday nights just off the I-290 at Harlem.  You can find details about that at the Baronial Webpage http://midrealm.org/ayreton/martial.html

            I am sure the crowed will be off the next couple weeks or so because of Pennsic, but will probably resume in Mid - Late August.

            I hope this helps a little,

            12th Night in T-G-S 2013, Event Steward
            Baronial Pursuivant Ayreton

            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 27, 2012

              Thank you,

              Sonia

              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 27, 2012
                Sonia,

                As far as I know, there aren't any local throwing weapons practices.
                That's something that is almost always done at events. But once we
                get you hooked up with the archery people we can get you to an event
                and you can try it there.

                in service
                -Susanna the Short

                Quoting Sonia <vivandiere1864@...>:

                > Thank you,
                >
                > Sonia

              • Sonia
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 27, 2012

                  Do they ever do archery at the Glenbrook practice on Tuesday nights?  Wednesdays may not be open for me?

                • Verena Entenwirt
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 27, 2012
                    Sonia, what part of Ayreton are you in?

                    -Verena

                    --
                    Baroness Verena Entenwirth
                    www.broomstich.com
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 27, 2012

                      I live in the NW suburbs of Chicago.  Not sure what it is called. I am not really that active in it?

                      --
                      Baroness Verena Entenwirth
                      www.broomstich.com

                    • ehepler
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 27, 2012
                        There are generally school sports practices going on outdoors concurrent with Tuesday evening practice, so archery isn't feasible during the week.

                        Sometimes, he will make the school grounds available on Sundays for archery practice. I believe it is generally posted here when archery is planned.

                        Regards,
                        Philippa

                        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Sonia" <vivandiere1864@...> wrote:

                        > Do they ever do archery at the Glenbrook practice on Tuesday nights?
                        > Wednesdays may not be open for me?
                        >

                        > Sonia

                      • Jen/Hendrik
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 27, 2012

                          Hey Sonia,

                          I’m over in Maple Park and part of Foxvale.

                          I’m new to the scene myself and plan to learn from the group.

                          But also.. live on a farm and would love to have a practice out THIS WAY.

                          I’m hoping to check in with my group to see if that’s allowed.

                          I love archery and have a 13yr old son that’s into it.

                          Welcome.. so glad you came out of hiding!

                          Amalthea

                          --
                          Baroness Verena Entenwirth
                          www.broomstich.com

                        • Dolores Becker
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 30, 2012
                            I live in Batavia (Foxvale) and have been hoping for a return to archery practice somehwere in our neck of the woods.  I would have no problem driving to Maple Park to practice.

                            Berngard Solgai, called Moose

                            ymailto="mailto:vivandiere1864%40sbcglobal.net" target="_blank" href="mailto:vivandiere1864%40sbcglobal.net">vivandiere1864@...

                            --
                            Baroness Verena Entenwirth
                            www.broomstich.com

                          • Blair Peterson
                            Message 13 of 13 , Aug 2, 2012
                              Amalthea,
                              I would encourage you to contact the Foxvale archery marshal, Xavier, as he will probably be able to best tell you of any practices the group is currently holding, as well as help you with questions and concerns you may have about a practice on your farm.  Note, you will probably want to speak with Hilary, the seneschal of the group as well, should you want to make it an "official" group practice.

                              Xavier
                               Jim McAdams
                              (630) 896-5571
                              jmcadams@...