Border Skirmish IX Thanks!

  • MacGregorsCairn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2012
      Hey all you wonderful folks in CAM and Ravenslake,

      We did it - we've survived another Border Skirmish!

      The final financial details aren't in yet (so get your receipts in
      NOW!), but we know we made money again this year. And got great
      comments once again on the site and on everything that went on over the
      weekend.  Being a brand new site, we know now some things that need
      tweaking, but all in all, we consider it a raging success!

      Events like this take a LOT of people to make them come together. So we
      want to thank everyone in the Barony and the Shire - not to forget our
      amazin' neighbor groups! - who helped out. Whether you marshalled, sat
      at Troll, helped with setup or takedown, worked on feast or lunch, ran
      errands, carried water, tended the fire, tended the Royalty... If we
      tried to name you all, we'd be sure to miss someone and we'd hate to do
      that.

      So let's just say...Y'ALL ROCK!
      How 'bout we do it again next year? Same time, same place, more fun!

      Gratefully,
      The Co-Instigators in Chief
      Leif, Astrid, and Marie

      Modern: Nita L. Lewis
      SCA: THL Marie la Fauconniere, CDH, OW, Meadows Herald
      Shire of Ravenslake, Midlands, Kingdom of the Middle
      "In wine there is wisdom. In beer there is freedom. In water there is
      bacteria."

      --
      Viscountess Astrid, OP
      Draco Incarnate

      Draco dormiens nunquam a eget, quodsi feceris, res gesta tua sit ultima
      {Never Tickle a Sleeping Dragon, but if you do this, let yours be the
      last thing was done;}

      Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

      "Be kinder than necessary, For everyone you meet is fighting some kind
      of battle"

      A Knight is sworn to Valour
      His Heart knows only Virtue
      His Blade defends the Helpless
      His Might upholds the Weak
      His Word speaks only Truth
      His Wroth undoes the Wicked

      "The only thing a lady is required to carry is herself with grace and
      dignity."  Baron Ericus