Rattan Combat at MKAOD

  • AlexdeSet@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2012
      Greetings!
           I am Rattan MIC at this year's MKAOD, and I want to run a program such that "heavy weapons" fighters will plan in advance to attend.
           There will be tourneys on Saturday and Sunday, with fighting fields open all day. I have been asked for a tourney at the barrier with both rattan and Cut & Thrust and I see no problem with that. I'd like to accommodate both the tourney format and melee fighters, so I ask you what type tourney/challenge you'd like to see presented.
           Further, there is a venue for teaching of rattan combat styles-volunteer as an instructor, please.
           I watched the Battle of the Nations folks online; while I cannot marshal such combat, I'k like to see a recreation/demonstration by those members of the team who choose. Please let me know if there is interest!
           We can accommodate many things at the MKAOD site-McHenry County IL County Fair site. It is a camping event with indoor-or-at-least under a roof fighting venues. Merchants, A&S, and more.
           YOUTH FIGHTING! That is, if youth marshals and combatants show up-we have space, but no Youth Marshals for boffer/rattan. If you want to play, speak out.
      Respectfully,
      Alexander de Seton
      Rattan MIC, MKAOD 2012