Re: [Ayreton] Midrealm site gone?

  • Diane P
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 20, 2007
      I was told that someone is switching the midrealm site to another provider
      of web services or somesuch technobabble like that.

      ~Ruth

      >From: Folo Watkins <folo@...>
      >To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Midrealm site gone?
      >Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 08:18:17 -0500
      >

      > > Is anyone else having trouble getting to the Midrealm
      > > site? Yesterday it would come up as 'can't be found' and today it takes
      > > me to Squirrel Mail??
      >
      >Confirmation here (and I haven't seen any Middlebridge mail for a while).
      >Since Taffy usually only posts on the 'Bridge, I have no idea what's going
      >on though.
      >
      >But I do hear that "Monkeypants" is the coming thing for A&S
      >Competitions...
      >
      >Cheers, Folo

      It�s tax season, make sure to follow these few simple tips
      http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMMartagline
    • Drew Nicholson
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 20, 2007
        the moderator of this list is hardly in charge of midrealm.org.

        Websites go down, sometimes on purpose, sometimes not.  <shrug>  either it'll be back soon, or it will take some time.  An enterprising soul might mirror the site (at least the calendar), but who would he/she tell?

        On 3/20/07, Robin Goldman <ladyscribe07@...> wrote:
        yep, me too.  What gives Moderator?

        Eleanor

        Finding fabulous fares is fun.

      • Dayle Harding
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 20, 2007
          It wouldn't have anything to do with us.  I'm guessing the Midrealm website crashed, and Daffyd will have to fix it.  It happened last summer, too, if you recall.  It is amazingly annoying, however.

          Acelina

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 20, 2007
            www.midrealm.org is down for reasons as yet unknown to us.

            I will remind everyone that the Ayreton area is an unofficial area
            inside the region of the Midlands, inside the Kingdgom of the Middle.

            To my knowledge none of the multiple moderators or owners of this
            Yahoo! group list work on, maintain or are in any way associated with
            the Middle Kingdom website of www.midrealm.org.

            As one of the owners/moderators, I, like you, hope greatly that the
            www.midrealm.org website will be up and running as soon as may be so
            that everyone in the Kingdom and outside the Kingdom may enjoy the
            worthy services that are provided by the website.

            Thank you.

            Ian the Green
            Ayreton Towne Cryer

            --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Robin Goldman <ladyscribe07@...>
            wrote:

            > yep, me too. What gives Moderator?
            >
            > Eleanor
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            > Finding fabulous fares is fun.
            flight and hotel bargains.

          • elenofbirchbrae
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 21, 2007
              For those just looking for info on this weekend's event you
              can go to:
              http://www.ayreton.org/
              for the whole event and schedual. Elen :-)

              > www.midrealm.org is down for reasons as yet unknown to us.
              >
              > I will remind everyone that the Ayreton area is an
              > unofficial area inside the region of the Midlands, inside
              > the Kingdgom of the Middle.
              >
              > To my knowledge none of the multiple moderators or owners
              > of this Yahoo! group list work on, maintain or are in any
              > way associated with the Middle Kingdom website of
              > www.midrealm.org.
              >
              > As one of the owners/moderators, I, like you, hope greatly
              > that the www.midrealm.org website will be up and running
              > as soon as may be so that everyone in the Kingdom and
              > outside the Kingdom may enjoy the worthy services that
              > are provided by the website.
              >
              > Thank you.
              >
              > Ian the Green
              > Ayreton Towne Cryer
              >

              > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Robin Goldman
              > <ladyscribe07@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > yep, me too. What gives Moderator?
              > >
              > > Eleanor
              > >

              > > ---------------------------------
              > > Finding fabulous fares is fun.
              > > Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites
              > to find flight and hotel bargains.

            • Tedesco da Venezia
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 21, 2007
                It seems to be back up... but.... ssssllllllllllllooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

                (Or is that just my crappy office's connection?)

                Hey while you're here, volunteer!  We still need bodies for troll table, clean up crew, and feast servers!  *wink*

                ~Tedesco~

                On 3/21/07, elenofbirchbrae <elenofbirchbrae@...> wrote:
                For those just looking for info on this weekend's event you
                can go to:
                http://www.ayreton.org/
                for the whole event and schedual.  Elen :-)

                > www.midrealm.org is down for reasons as yet unknown to us.
                >
                > I will remind everyone that the Ayreton area is an
                > unofficial area  inside the region of the Midlands, inside
                > the Kingdgom of the Middle.
                >
                > To my knowledge none of the multiple moderators or owners
                > of this  Yahoo! group list work on, maintain or are in any
                > way associated with  the Middle Kingdom website of
                > www.midrealm.org.
                >
                > As one of the owners/moderators, I, like you, hope greatly
                > that the  www.midrealm.org website will be up and running
                > as soon as may be so  that everyone in the Kingdom and
                > outside the Kingdom may enjoy the  worthy services that
                > are provided by the website.
                >
                > Thank you.
                >
                > Ian the Green
                > Ayreton Towne Cryer
                >

                > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Robin Goldman
                > <ladyscribe07@...>  wrote:
                > >
                > > yep, me too.  What gives Moderator?
                > >
                > >   Eleanor
                > >

                > > ---------------------------------
                > > Finding fabulous fares is fun.
                > > Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites
                > to find  flight and hotel bargains.

                ~~~~~

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    mailto:Ayreton-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    mailto: Ayreton-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Dayle Harding
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 22, 2007
                  Midrealm site was back up and running last night.  FYI

                  For those just looking for info on this weekend's event you
                  can go to:
                  http://www.ayreton. org/
                  for the whole event and schedual. Elen :-)

                  > www.midrealm. org is down for reasons as yet unknown to us.
                  >
                  > I will remind everyone that the Ayreton area is an
                  > unofficial area inside the region of the Midlands, inside
                  > the Kingdgom of the Middle.
                  >
                  > To my knowledge none of the multiple moderators or owners
                  > of this Yahoo! group list work on, maintain or are in any
                  > way associated with the Middle Kingdom website of
                  > www.midrealm. org.
                  >
                  > As one of the owners/moderators, I, like you, hope greatly
                  > that the www.midrealm. org website will be up and running
                  > as soon as may be so that everyone in the Kingdom and
                  > outside the Kingdom may enjoy the worthy services that
                  > are provided by the website.
                  >
                  > Thank you.
                  >
                  > Ian the Green
                  > Ayreton Towne Cryer
                  >

                  > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups .com, Robin Goldman
                  > <ladyscribe07@ ...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > yep, me too. What gives Moderator?
                  > >
                  > > Eleanor

                  > > Finding fabulous fares is fun.
                  > > Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites
                  > to find flight and hotel bargains.

                  Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.