Court & Country's Third Anniversary

  • Margrett Norwoode
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6 8:48 PM

      Court & Country has just celebrated its third birthday as a performing entity on April 4 and we would like to share our joy and thank you all for your support!

      This medieval & renaissance vocal ensemble was first conceived at a Fiber Arts Night gathering in the northwest suburbs. Teleri, Tabitha & Arrienne first performed together at Stone Dog Inn on April 4, 2009, and called themselves Court & Country. After Stone Dog Inn, Margrett joined and we started having formal group rehearsals at Teleri's house in April 2009.

      Over the last three years, we have regretfully parted ways with some of our members. However, we have also happily added new friends to our ensemble. Our current active membership includes Teleri, Margrett, Margretha, Keith, Sonia, Elizabeth, Adam and Beatrice.

      We welcome more voices and encourage you to contact us at CourtAndCountry@... if you wish to explore singing medieval and renaissance music with us. We rehearse on Wednesday evenings in the northwest suburbs.

      In the year since our second anniversary, we have done public performances as Court & Country at:

      04/23/11 Demonstration at Gail Borden Public Library

      05/13/11 Private party/house concert

      05/14-05/15/11 Janesville Renaissance Faire (2 days, 6 sets)

      06/01/11 Demonstration at Fox Lake Library

      06/24/11 Border Skirmish

      06/29/11 Demonstration at Park Ridge Library

      08/08-08/11/11 Pennsic War, 6 total performances

      08/21/11 Bristol Renaissance Faire

      08/27/11 Foxhunt

      09/18/11 Private party/house concert

      10/01-10/02/11 Stronghold Olde English Faire (2 days, 6 sets)

      11/05/11 Crystal Ball

      11/12/11 Windycon

      12/03/11 Boar's Head

      01/14/12 Twelfth Night at Tree-Girt-Sea

      01/28/12 Private party (Twelfth Night Masque)

      Our next planned appearances will be at St. Cecilia at the Tower on May 12 (an SCA event in Ann Arbor, MI) and the Janesville Renaissance Faire in Janesville, WI on May 19 & 20.

      http://www.jvlfaire.com/index.html

    • Baker, Cindy
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9 6:34 AM

        Congratulations on the anniversary, Court & Country!