Re: Potential Demo at DucKon (June 2)

  • Chad Burns
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 4, 2012
      I am game...

      Chad Burns
      Action Wrangler
      Studio Hemogoblin
      773.633.6937

      http://studiohemogoblin.com

      Disclaimer - This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain privileged information. You must not present this message to another party without gaining permission from the sender. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete this email from your system.

    • James McAdams
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 4, 2012
        On 4/4/2012 10:56 PM, MargrettNorwoode wrote:
        > Xavier:
        >
        > A) I vote for Sat demo since (as you know), many people are leaving, packing or subject to inertia on Sundays at cons.
        >
        > B) Can you explain the nature of the part-day badge concept? I've heard of cons issuing day badges but not part-day badges. Is the access to con function space restricted, or are the hours of authorized access restricted or what?
        >
        > C) Please put me down as a possible participant, possibly involving singing, definitely involving crafts& costuming if I attend--details to follow later separately as I have to check on something else that will affect this.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Margrett

        I suspect Saturday mid-afternoon (or mid-day) will work best, but
        am more than willing to entertain other suggestions if it works better
        for more people.

        The 'part-day badge' is a balance between offering compensation for
        people putting on the demo, and keeping in line with the convention's
        existing policies on volunteer time vs. compensation. The suggestion
        is that people coming just to help with the demo would be offered a
        badge to let them look around other programming, art show, etc. for a
        few hours, rather than the whole day.

        Xavier
      • James McAdams
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 4, 2012
          Greetings again,

          I realize that I forgot to say where the convention is being held.
          It will be at the Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles.

          Xavier
        • James McAdams
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 10, 2012
            Greetings again,
            Is anyone else willing to commit to help with a demo at DucKon? In
            order to get in the printed material, they want an answer this week.

            Thanks for your patience,
            Xavier
          • Teleri
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 12, 2012

              I can be at the demo at DucKon.  I can bring some textile crafts to demonstrate, such as spinning, sewing, maybe even the bobbin lace.  Let me know what else might be useful.

              Teleri

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 13, 2012
                Hi
                My husband are planning to be at DucKon, so are willing to help out.

                Lady Gwen