Potential Demo at DucKon (June 2)

  • James McAdams
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3 11:19 PM
      Greetings,
      The DucKon science fiction convention is interested in having the
      SCA do a demonstration. It would either be Saturday (pretty much
      anytime between 9 and 4), or Sunday before 2. We can run for as little
      as an hour, or as long as we like.
      The big 'gotcha' is that due to space limitations, we'd have to be
      outside - so it's weather dependant. I'm checking to see if we'd be
      permitted to put up a pavillion if anyone wants to do that.
      Participants would get a 'part-day' badge, so they could look
      around the convention in exchange for doing the demo.

      Who is interested and available? What questions & concerns does
      anyone have? Please let me know, we need a go/no-go by April 15 to get
      listed on all the printed schedules.

      In service,
      Xavier
    • Chad Burns
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 4 6:55 AM
        I am game...

        Chad Burns
        Action Wrangler
        Studio Hemogoblin
        773.633.6937

        http://studiohemogoblin.com

        Disclaimer - This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain privileged information. You must not present this message to another party without gaining permission from the sender. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete this email from your system.

      • MargrettNorwoode
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 4 8:56 PM
          Xavier:

          A) I vote for Sat demo since (as you know), many people are leaving, packing or subject to inertia on Sundays at cons.

          B) Can you explain the nature of the part-day badge concept? I've heard of cons issuing day badges but not part-day badges. Is the access to con function space restricted, or are the hours of authorized access restricted or what?

          C) Please put me down as a possible participant, possibly involving singing, definitely involving crafts & costuming if I attend--details to follow later separately as I have to check on something else that will affect this.

          Thanks,
          Margrett

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, James McAdams <jmcadams@...> wrote:

          > Greetings,
          > The DucKon science fiction convention is interested in having the
          > SCA do a demonstration. It would either be Saturday (pretty much
          > anytime between 9 and 4), or Sunday before 2. We can run for as little
          > as an hour, or as long as we like.
          > The big 'gotcha' is that due to space limitations, we'd have to be
          > outside - so it's weather dependant. I'm checking to see if we'd be
          > permitted to put up a pavillion if anyone wants to do that.
          > Participants would get a 'part-day' badge, so they could look
          > around the convention in exchange for doing the demo.
          >
          > Who is interested and available? What questions & concerns does
          > anyone have? Please let me know, we need a go/no-go by April 15 to get
          > listed on all the printed schedules.
          >
          > In service,
          > Xavier

        • James McAdams
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 4 9:40 PM
            On 4/4/2012 10:56 PM, MargrettNorwoode wrote:
            > Xavier:
            >
            > A) I vote for Sat demo since (as you know), many people are leaving, packing or subject to inertia on Sundays at cons.
            >
            > B) Can you explain the nature of the part-day badge concept? I've heard of cons issuing day badges but not part-day badges. Is the access to con function space restricted, or are the hours of authorized access restricted or what?
            >
            > C) Please put me down as a possible participant, possibly involving singing, definitely involving crafts& costuming if I attend--details to follow later separately as I have to check on something else that will affect this.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Margrett

            I suspect Saturday mid-afternoon (or mid-day) will work best, but
            am more than willing to entertain other suggestions if it works better
            for more people.

            The 'part-day badge' is a balance between offering compensation for
            people putting on the demo, and keeping in line with the convention's
            existing policies on volunteer time vs. compensation. The suggestion
            is that people coming just to help with the demo would be offered a
            badge to let them look around other programming, art show, etc. for a
            few hours, rather than the whole day.

            Xavier
          • James McAdams
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 4 9:48 PM
              Greetings again,

              I realize that I forgot to say where the convention is being held.
              It will be at the Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles.

              Xavier
            • James McAdams
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 10 12:51 AM
                Greetings again,
                Is anyone else willing to commit to help with a demo at DucKon? In
                order to get in the printed material, they want an answer this week.

                Thanks for your patience,
                Xavier
              • Teleri
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 12 9:06 PM

                  I can be at the demo at DucKon.  I can bring some textile crafts to demonstrate, such as spinning, sewing, maybe even the bobbin lace.  Let me know what else might be useful.

                  Teleri

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 13 8:05 PM
                    Hi
                    My husband are planning to be at DucKon, so are willing to help out.

                    Lady Gwen