Ayreton Carnivale and Midlands A&S Faire - March 24, 2007

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 19 4:34 PM
      Ayreton Carnivale and Midlands A&S Faire!!!

      The Ayreton Carnivale is just around the corner and is one of the first event's of Spring!  This Saturday March 24, 2007 Ayreton will come together as its seperate groups add their strengths to each other in the spectacle of this event.

      This event will also be including the Midlands Arts and Sciences Faire.

      The Honorable Lady Mayor Acelina is looking forward to greeting her succesor to the office of Ayreton Mayor at the Towne Meeting taking place in the afternoon/evening of the event.  Please come and greet the new Mayor and send off the current Mayor.

      For details on the event please visit www.ayreton.org

      The Lady Mayor's office of Special Events announces the:

      Search for the Ayreton Champions!

      The Honorable Lady Mayor of Ayreton does wish and desire there to be champions for the populace in the Ayreton area to look to for inspiration for exemplary skills, courtesy and comportment.

      Sign up sheets will be at each respective list field for those who would like to be considered as an Ayreton Champion.  Champions will be selected based on a combination of prowess in their chosen endeavor as well as courtesy and deportment.  This means the winner of the tournament is not automatically going to be the Ayreton Champion.

      Champions will be decided in Heavy Weapons, Rapier, Boffer and Archery.  The Mayor and a select committee will have the names of those interested.  This committee will be watching those candidates throughout the day.  The Champions will be named during the Ayreton Towne Meeting scheduled in the afternoon/evening.

      Ayreton Carnivale Performers Needed
      The Ayreton Carnivale will be hosting an all day Bardic stage in the merchants' hall.
      We welcome every kind of performer including bards, magicians, troubadours, jugglers, musicians, fools, storytellers, to name but a few!

      Please sign up for the stage in the merchant's hall.

      We are also inviting performers to stroll about our festival; entertaining the bored,
      enlightening the weary, and humoring the complacent.

      Please contact Lady Kyla if you wish to be one of the performers or performing groups:

      "Kyla" skycat@...

      Bored stiff? Loosen up...
    • Ayreton Towne Cryer
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 21 7:06 PM
        Ayreton Carnivale and Midlands A&S Faire!!!

        The Ayreton Carnivale is this Saturday and is one of the first event's of Spring!  This Saturday March 24, 2007 Ayreton will come together as its seperate groups add their strengths to each other in the spectacle of this event.

        This event will also be including the Midlands Arts and Sciences Faire.

        The Honorable Lady Mayor Acelina is looking forward to greeting her succesor to the office of Ayreton Mayor at the Towne Meeting taking place at 5:30p.m.  Please come and greet the new Mayor and send off the current Mayor.  The days A&S winners as well as the winner of the Arts Marshal tournaments shall be announced at the Towne Meeting.  The Lady Mayor will also be giving awards to individuals she feels are deserving as well.  (A reminder that these awards carry no official order of precedence)

[...]

        A truly full schedule is planned in all areas.  All Arts Martial have a fairly full schedule.  Rapier, heavy and boffer all look forward to typical double elimination tournaments as well as melees.  There are prizes for those that win a tournament!  Please come check out the website.

        The actual event site is completely dry, no exceptions including brewers competing.  This is a public school and Federal allow disallows alcoholic beverages on campus.

        The site is huge!  Inside the 1/8 mile track there will be 8 list fields set up at once with plenty of room to move around in and will only take up two thirds of the arts martial area.  The last third will be kept open for melees and will have more than enough room for double digit teams on each side!  Plus we have 3 gymansiums for the A&S Faire as well as merchants and populace room space.

        Then there are the classrooms!  There are over 30 classes for a variety of subjects from introduction to brewing, period scents, basic conjuring, german wrestling, lace making, calligraphy and soooo many more!

        Please come join me and the rest of Ayreton in this Carnivale and Faire.  Lend us your knowledge, skill and wit but most of all bring your fun!

        Ian the "soon to have a new boss" Green
        Ayreton Towne Cryer

      • Ayreton Towne Cryer
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 23 10:23 AM
          Ayreton Carnivale and Midlands A&S Faire!!!

          The Ayreton Carnivale is tomorrow and is one of the first event's of Spring!  This Saturday March 24, 2007 Ayreton will come together as its seperate groups add their strengths to each other in the spectacles of friedship, combat and arts and sciences at this event.

          This event will also be including the Midlands Arts and Sciences Faire.

          For details on the event please visit www.ayreton.org

          ARTS MARTIAL

          This event has something for almost everyone.  Archery, Youth Boffer, Fencing and Heavy fighting.  We have more than enough room for all of them to have plenty of room and happen all at once.  Combat will be done mostly indoors inside a magnificent field house.  In the Field house is a 1/8 a mile track and the fighting fields will be inside this track.  There is plenty of room for combatants to store their equipment and for onlookers to enjoy as well.  No matter what kind of armor you are wearing you will be able to drop to your knees, and any polearm can be swung as the closest beams are at least 40 feet above you.

[...]

          TOWNE MEETING

          The Ayreton Towne Meeting is currently scheduled to start between 5:00 and 5:30 depending on tournaments and the A&S faire.  The Midlands Arts and Sciences competition results will be announced at the Towne Meeting as will the winners of the Tournaments and Ayreton Champions.  The Honorable Lady Mayor of Ayreton will be giving out awards to those she finds deserving.  A reminder that Ayreton Awards carry no Order of Precedence as Ayreton is an unoffical group in the SCA.

          We will also be saying good bye to the current Mayor and we will be welcoming the new Mayor.

          Bring your friends, bring yourself and most of all bring your fun.

          Ian the Green Ayreton Towne Cryer

          8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
        • Meurig ap Cynfarch
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 23 12:57 PM
            Just a reminder to everyone that we are expecting press coverage by
            the Daily Herald at our event tomorrow.

            The reporter's name is Sara Faiwell and the designated media contact
            is Master Sean O'Shaughnessy.

            So keep smiling and have fun.

            Meurig
          • AlexdeSet@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 25 9:48 AM
              Greetings!
                   Don't forget that someone should report to the Kingdom Medioa Liaison. Contact info in the back of the "Pale".
              Ta,

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 25 10:06 PM
                Has anyone seen the coverage of our event, or know when to expect it? I searched on the Daily Herald web site, but didn't find anything.

                Teleri

                Don't forget that someone should report to the Kingdom Medioa Liaison. Contact info in the back of the "Pale".
                Ta,

                Just a reminder to everyone that we are expecting press coverage by
                the Daily Herald at our event tomorrow.

                The reporter's name is Sara Faiwell and the designated media contact
                is Master Sean O'Shaughnessy.

                So keep smiling and have fun.

                Meurig

                Be a PS3 game guru.
              • Robin Goldman
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 26 7:37 AM
                  Please post the article when it gets printed or let me know how I can get a copy as I was featured (maybe) (A&S Awards)

                  Lady Eleanor Ravenild

                  always stay connected to friends.
                • Paul Beck
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 26 8:19 AM
                    I have contacted the reporter thanking her for attending our event, and politely asked her to keep me informed as to when the article is to be published.

                    Meurig ap Cynfarch

                    Robin Goldman <ladyscribe07@...> wrote:
                    Please post the article when it gets printed or let me know how I can get a copy as I was featured (maybe) (A&S Awards)

                    Lady Eleanor Ravenild

                    always stay connected to friends.

                    Finding fabulous fares is fun.