Court Report from 12th Night

  • Ashton G.A Schoeffler-Miller
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27, 2012
      So I have created the formal reporting format that I will use in the Zephyr.  Here is a sample of that format... it is the same way it will be presented in the New issue of the Zephyr when it makes its publication.

                                                      Court Report
      Court of Their Excellencies Henry and Nadezda, 14 January A.S. 46 (c.e. 2012), held at Twelfth Night Faire in Their Canton of Tree Girt Sea.  Heralded by Herr Alexander Adelbrecht von Markelingen. Seneschal was Mistress Sarafina Sinclair.  New Order Creation: Creation of the Order of Atlas. Order of Atlas: Alexander de Seton, Alan Fairfax, Cerian Cantwr, Acelina of Derelei, Etienne le Couteau des Roches, Phillip White, Richard de Scolay.

      Baronial Pursuivant Ayreton
      Protege to Master Etienne le Couteau des Roches, OP
      SCA Resume
    • D'vorah bint Da'ud
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 27, 2012
        On 27 Mar 2012, at 3:44 AM, Ashton G.A Schoeffler-Miller wrote:

        > New Order Creation: Creation of the Order of Atlas. Order of Atlas: Alexander de Seton, Alan Fairfax, Cerian Cantwr, Acelina of Derelei, Etienne le Couteau des Roches, Phillip White, Richard de Scolay.

        Mazal tov to the new honorees! What does the Order of the Atlas mean and entail? Would you, or someone, be so good as to tell the Unfortunate (the ones who didn't get to go to 12th Night, like me) what the honor is all about?
        D'vorah bint Da'ud
        dvorah@...
        http://www.consensualreality.net/sca
        Twitter: @DvorahSCA
      • Ashton G.A Schoeffler-Miller
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 27, 2012
          For the Benefit of all, here is a summation of all the awards or areas we have come up with awards for, but not yet named/announced in Court (ie, created):

          In essence, the Awards are open to anyone in the Barony, people need only send their recommendations to the Baron and Baroness.
          • Order of Atlas: For those who have demonstrated Service to the Barony of Ayreton and/or its Cantons.
          • Order of Ursis: For those Fighters, Heavy or Light, who have shown skill and/or chivalry and/or Service on the field.
          • Unnamed A&S Award: For those who have shown Excellence in the Arts and/or Sciences.
          • Unnamed Archery/(Thrown weapons?) Award: For those who have shown excellence and/or Chivalrous and/or Service on the Ranges.
          • Unnamed Hospitality Award: For those who have demonstrated great hospitality internally or externally on behalf of the Barony and/or its cantons (IE, Providing Crash Space to weary travelers, Helping to provide Meeting spaces for the Baronies Populace and Curia, etc.)
          • Order or Riain's Star: A Youth Award, for the service in any area, of our children and young people.  The Order is especially dear to their Excellencies as it was named for a young man that was very dear to them who passed away.
          If you know of anyone who should be recognized for ANYTHING, even if you are not sure what the Award would be for it, please send your award recommendations to Their Excellencies Ayreton at: ayretonbaronessbaron@... with the following information:

          1. The Name of the Person you would like to have recognized.
          2. The Award Name you believe they should get: Or what type of award you think they should get if not specifically named yet.
          3. The Reason you believe they should be getting that award.
          4. The Age or Approximate Age of the individual if appropriate. (It would be a bit awkward to give a 25 year old person a youth award)
          5. The group they are from.
          6. Any events you believe they will attend in the coming months (Please try to give at least a months notice for the scribes sake).
          7. Their Gender (So we don't call Lord Aaron, when its really Lady Aaron, up in Court)
          8. Any other information you may think relevant to helping Their Excellencies decide to bestow the award.
          9. Your name and contact information (So Their Excellencies can contact you if they have any questions)
          Our Baronial Webminister is working on creating an online Award Submission page to use, but until then please send your recommendations in via the email ayretonbaronessbaron@...

          Naturally, this information is all subject to the approval of Their Excellencies, if they feel that my descriptions of the awards are in error or that I have mixed anything up, they have the last word, I am only a servant.

          In Service to the Dream,