SCA Fund Raising

  • Ashton G.A Schoeffler-Miller
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 21, 2012
      Greetings,

      The President of the SCA, released an announcement that I found posted on the Calontir Website.  I think it of great interest in light of the Recent Financial hit the Society took.  I am surprised that I did not see this come across the lists yet, but I thought I would forward the information I found to you all and let you disseminate it.  Please note, this was from the President of the SCA, Thomas W. Hughes, SKA Baron Master Sean o'Shaughnessy, So this is not just some pipe dream, it comes from a trusted source.

      Baronial Pursuivant Ayreton
      Protege to Master Etienne le Couteau des Roches, OP
      SCA Resume

      H&R Block Donation
      Non-Profit Referral Program
      H&R Block has agreed to donate $25 to SCA, Inc. for each tax return prepared for SCA members.
      The program is easy and convenient. For each new client referred to have their taxes prepared, H&R Block will send SCA, Inc. in Milpitas, California $25! There is no limit to the number of referrals the SCA can make! Please download this link
      (http://www.hrblockreferrals.com/KitDownload.aspx?GUID=8342832EC2CA4A9BA54F0B5578BCA970)
      to obtain your Referral form. You may print off and distribute the Referral form for your SCA friends now. Take the Referral form to the H&R Block tax preparer and they do the rest.
      Thank you for your participation and should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call the H&R Block associate who enrolled the SCA (Vicki Willems at victoria.willems@... or 317-888-2713) or H&R Block Customer Support at 1-877-600-5432.
      Thomas W. Hughes
      President, SCA, Inc.
    • Dayle Harding
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 22, 2012
        This is a cool thing.  Unfortunately, for those of us either in college or with college aged children, this comes way too late.  My taxes had to be done as soon as I could in order to get my FAFSA in.  So, I needed to know this back in January.  I'm guessing there are several others in my situation, as well.  :( sad
        Acelina

[...]

      • Jill Elaine Hughes
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 22, 2012
          yeah, I already did my taxes a while ago, and we use TurboTax. But I will just send in a donation along with my dues renewal.
          Mariza

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 22, 2012
            I understand that Acelina,

            Regardless of all other factors, I ALWAYS do my taxes as soon as I have my forms in.  But I know that others may not have done them yet, so I hope some will take this opportunity.

            I know for a fact that one person in my family has not done his yet and is a member of the SCA, so I will nudge him to do this.

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 22, 2012
              I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to sound "short".  It's just that if this is to be an ongoing thing, they would get more from us if they did it earlier.  Just sayin.

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 22, 2012
                Oh dear,  I didn't think it was short at all...  I hope you didn't think that was the impression from anything I posted.  I was maybe short in my response, since it was a crazy morning here... we are moving in basically 2 weeks time to a new apartment here in the apartment complex we live in, and we got to see the new apartment and had to race to get everything done in time with the paperwork before we had to go to work.

                Yay, new apartment... boo, having to move.... yay, it's just in the building... boo, we have to get it all done in very little time!

                ANYONE ABLE TO HELP? SAY APRIL 7th :0)