Re: [Ayreton] SCRIBAL DAY OF PLAY, Sunday March 4

  • Jill Elaine Hughes
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2012
      oops, typo in the email address, it should be knwkfw@...

      From: Jill Elaine Hughes <jillhughes2@...>
      To: "Ayreton@yahoogroups.com" <Ayreton@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, March 2, 2012 6:52 PM
      Subject: Re: [Ayreton] SCRIBAL DAY OF PLAY, Sunday March 4

      I believe that outside food and drink ARE permitted.  It is also a wet site.  But as far as Sunday's event goes, direct any site-related questions to Mistress Katherine, kfwknw@... just to be sure.

      Mariza

      From: KelliV <khirya@...>
      To: "Ayreton@yahoogroups.com" <Ayreton@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, March 2, 2012 4:38 PM

      Hi there!

      Just curious as to the outside food and drink policy. I know there will be a yummy lunch but can we bring snacks?

      Thanks!

      On Mar 2, 2012, at 9:21 AM, Jill Elaine Hughes <jillhughes2@...> wrote:

      Attached you'll find the final class schedule for the SCRIBAL DAY OF PLAY, this Sunday, March 4.  We hope to see you there!

      Regretfully, I will not be there because I am dealing with a family emergency out of state. But it has been a pleasure helping to plan this event.  Teachers, attendees, and volunteers, your on-site event contact is Mistress Katherine von Schlosserwald, OL.  Please consult her either on site or ahead of time with any final questions, at knwkfw@....

      YIS,
      Mariza

      Contributing Writer, University of Phoenix Writer Network
      Novelist, Playwright, Journalist

      Sunday, March 4, 2012

      Open Scribal “Play” Table (ALL DAY!), Facilitated by Mistress Bianca Rosamund, OL. Loaner supplies and books will be available for beginners to borrow.

      SCRIBAL MERCHANT AREA: Scribal Supplies as sold by Mistress Ellen of the Scholars, OL. Mistress Ellen and her sister Mistress Mary Buchanan, OP will also be demonstrating scribal skills and answering questions at Mistress Ellen's merchant booth, all day! Learn some valuable tips while you shop for wares! We will also have catalog/info materials (and hopefully, coupons!) from calligraphy/art supply vendors like Dick Blick and others.

      SCRIBAL LIBRARY! Many wonderful books about medieval manuscripts, calligraphy, bookbinding, and more, from the personal collections of Vanished Wood members THL Tym ap Tym, Lady Mariza de la Courete, and more. Attendees can view/peruse the books on-site; some may also be available for "checkout."

      LUNCH: A homemade lunch will be available for purchase.  Smell yummy pasties baking while you make scrolls!

      This event is FREE! Though donations to Little Angels, the host facility, are much appreciated.

      TENTATIVE CLASS SCHEDULE: (Subject to change!)
      9:30 am (2 hours!!) Introduction to Calligraphy
      Covers materials, sources, laying out a scroll blank, and
      learning the basics of at least one "hand." Materials provided for up
      to 6 people ($5 to keep the starter kit) or bring your own dip pen and
      ink (Speedball C-3, C-4, or C-5 nib preferred but we'll work with what
      turns up).
      Taught by THL Marie la Fauconniere, CDH, OW, Meadows Herald

      10:00 am Decorative initials of insular majuscule, the text pages of the Book of Kells.  (1 hour)
      Taught by Lady Kara Atladottir

      1:00 pm Personalizing award scrolls for the recipient. (1 hour)
      Taught by THL Hillary of Langford

      There will also be a SEALING WAX/MAKING WAX SEALS DEMONSTRATION at some point during the day, presented by Dame Jocelyn Lutterworth, OL.  Details to come!

    • Jill Elaine Hughes
      Message 2 of 10 , May 2, 2012
        Greetings one and all---

        As one of the co-autocrats of the recent Scribal Day of Play in our Barony of Ayreton, I wanted to pass along that our neighboring barony of Carraig Ban wishes to have their own Scribal Day of Play at their upcoming Ragnorak Rampage, and they requested if possible that some of the teachers we featured at our event recur their roles at their event (event details here: http://www.carraigban.org/event2.html)

        Our neighboring barony was impressed with our recent scribal event and would like to replicate it within their borders. If you'd like to teach a scribal class at Ragnorak Rampage, please offer your services to the autocrats, whose contact info is on the event page above. It is my understanding they'll accept either the class(es) taught at our event, other new classes, or both.  Just passing along the word!
        YIS,
        Mariza de la Courete, APW, OW
        Vanished Wood Pursuiviant (Outgoing)

        Message 3 of 10 , May 2, 2012
          Wouldn't mind at all but am planning on working towards a combat archery that day, so it would have to be during a time that doesn't interfere with that.

          Ags