Demo opportunity on Friday night April 20

  • Fern
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2012
      Dear Ayreton,

      Here is a rare opportunity for a Demo that doesn't impact the 9-5 workday!

      One of my Aikido senseis is in need of fund-raising activites to support the inner-city kids in his dojo. This friend has created an amazing program for the local youth, including both martial arts and academic progress. However, the program needs money (to pay for utilities, etc, and gas for him to drive the students to cultural events, etc).

      The program is looking for some education/ entertainment at a fund-raising dinner, on Friday night, April 20. The locale is Mr. G's Supper Club, located at 1547 West 87th Street in Chicago (http://www.mrgssupperclub.net/ ) .They call it "Family Fun Night", so there will be mix of children and adults there.

      The details are not yet finalized, but I imagine that the time will be 7-10 pm, with a format of short performances (fighting, singing, dancing) and stations for arts and craft, and lot of walking around in beautiful garb. Good parking, I'm pretty sure and some form of refreshments.

      Is it possible that we can help with this demo? Tell me what you think!

      thanks for your attention,

      yours,

      Fern

      Date: Monday, February 27, 2012, 4:48 PM

      Hi Laurie-san,

      A briief update for Pathway.

      1). We will be having a fund raiser to support the Pathway to Harmony Aikido Summer Enrichment (PHASE) program on Friday, March 30, 2012 at Mr. G's Supper Club, located at 1547 West 87th Street (http://www.mrgssupperclub.net/ ) . Featured entertainment will be the jazz group On Stage, featuring Jukube Felton. We will also be raffling the services of Chef Greg, 2008 Taste of Chicago featured chef.  The plans will be finalized this week and I will get the information out to you.

      2). If we get the go ahead from Toyoda Sensei and Ron Sensei, we are planning a pizza sleepover night for April 3, 2012 at Soshinkan. If its not authorized we will try to find another location for the same date.

      3). If your group is available on Friday, April 20, 2012, we would like to have another fund raiser at Mr. G's  Supper Club. It will be a "Family Fun Night" with part of the entertainment being your  medieval group. Details are being worked out now. The owner of the establishment is willing to give us this date in April.  So, I'm hoping its good for everybody.

      If you have questions, I'll try to answer them tomorrow.

      Rick

      UNITE MIND, BODY, & SPIRIT TO ACCOMPLISH YOUR GOALS. REMEMBER, LIFE CHANGES WHEN WE CHANGE.

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2012
        Dear Ayreton,

        For your convenience, this has been added to the Ayreton Event Calendar, and  a new Demo Opportunity page.  Both of these pages are linked below.

        Yours in service,

        Lord Dunstan,
        Baronial Webminister