Re: Forwarded - Fundraiser Auction for Scadians Cancer -

  • Ian Green
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2012
      An explanation as to why the hearing aids for cancer.

      Hello all,

      As someone from Rivenstar and a bit more "in the loop", I noticed that a bit of explanation is missing from this message.

      You may be asking yourselves, "hearing aids? for cancer?!" and wondering whether or not this cause is worth your efforts.  I can assure you that it is - you see, it is Fauna's chemotherapy treatments that have led to the hearing loss that now require her to wear hearing aids.  Her insurance company will not cover hearing aids until her hearing loss is measured at a certain degree, even though getting hearing aids sooner would help prevent her hearing from ever deteriorating that far.

      Gotta love insurance companies.

      But anyway, Fauna has been holding up extremely well and bravely facing everything that has been thrown at her.  But as her mom Heirusalem has put it to us, she and her family would love to be able to carry on a conversation without yelling "what??" every time they talk to each other.

      Many thanks to all who feel moved to assist them.

      Cheers,
      Arrantxa

      PS - Feel free to forward this to those other lists, if you like.  I'm not subscribed or I'd send it along myself.

      Yours In Service,

      Lord Ian the Green