Fwd: [RN] Known World Academy of the Rapier / Known World Costuming Symposium is coming to Chicagoland in 2012

  • AlexdeSet@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2012

      From: Jim Lai <jimcyl@...>
      To: RapierNet - Fencing in the SCA <sca-rapier@...>
      Sent: Tue, Feb 14, 2012 3:10 pm
      Subject: [RN] Known World Academy of the Rapier / Known World Costuming Symposium is coming to Chicagoland in 2012

      Greetings and Salutations:

      The Shire of Ravenslake and the Thieves of Hearts are proud to announce that we
      will be presenting a combined event - the Known World Academy of the Rapier and
      the Known World Costuming Symposium near Chicago, Illinois from November 9-11,
      2012.

      Here's a link to our Facebook page:

      https://www.facebook.com/events/211361568961372/?notif_t=event_invite

      We will have more information forthcoming, but we have a great roster of
      teachers for rapier, cut and thrust, and costuming that is only getting better.
      Please join us for a weekend of fighting and sewing. We are also working out
      some other activities, such as a trip to the Art Institute of Chicago to look at
      their collection of period arms and armor and paintings and fiber arts of the
      period.

      YIS,

      Kai Tseng

      PS - if you are interested in teaching, we could definitely use instructors. For
      the Academy of the Rapier, please contact Anton DuMarais (rapieranton@...).
      For the Costuming Symposium, please contact Sara Bailey (cricket340@...).